I submitted Version0.1 of "Smells Like Ring Spirit" many moons ago, but recently made some improvements to the design, posted it to Redbubble, and after giving it a bit of promotion, the design has... gone viral, woohoo!!! Well, relatively speaking, at least.
The thumbs ups & rebloggings and Redbubble orders that it's received have been such that I felt inspired to try submitting the design again...

BUT FIRST: the Redbubble version is too many colors (since Redbubble prints DTG and thus doesn't have any color restrictions). I've been able to (successfully?) reduced the design down to 6 colors but can't decide which version is the better of the two. Any opinions on the matter?
#1 on royal blue tee? or #2 on navy blue? Any particular areas of the design that you think could be improved before re-submitting?

(There's also an 'uncensored' version showing a vague little... you know... between Sonic's legs, to make the parody even more authentic... but I don't know - would it be too inappropriate to submit THAT version?!?)
9Comments
    84 weeks ago
    Looks great, and definitely #1
    84 weeks ago
    the colors in the first one match the album cover better imo
    84 weeks ago
    Totally agree, the first one looks more like Nevermind so yeah! Now you gotta do a Sonic Youth one!!! :D
    84 weeks ago
    Cool, thanks all for the feedback. Design submitted, fingers crossed! Hmmm... Sonic x Sonic Youth you say? Yes, I just might have to! Not sure that any of their album covers are iconic in the same way as 'Nevermind', but their music is certainly worthy of a tribute t-shirt or two!
    84 weeks ago
    Would buy this as soon as it was available. Good job.
    79 weeks ago
    #1 Looks like a solid, finished work. I could see this on a shirt.
    79 weeks ago
    Personally, I'd go with #2... I just like he color scheme better. Seems slightly richer somehow.

Though, it looks to me like the "whites of his eyes" and the wave colors aren't the same? Or is that just dithering of some sort?
    79 weeks ago
    Ohh, and leave off the naughty bits... Doesn't need it.
    79 weeks ago
    Though, the hook is a little bit harder to see on #2. Just noticed it... Though I still like that version better.

So, don't know if there's a way around that or not? Maybe dithering the "Sonic blue" with the "whites of his eyes blue" for some happy medium? Or maybe not, dunno...

Hopefully that's some helpful / constructive criticism...