Back to forum
rss 85 weeks ago
i have no idea if this is explain anywhere as i only joined today after seeing the tee advertised on f/b.
but heres my question if i had an idea i wanted to submit but don't have the softwear to design it properly how would i be able to submit it and how would it work if it was my idea but someones artwork would it still be classed as mine?
14Comments
    85 weeks ago
    can anyone help me with this?
    85 weeks ago
    If you want the software, there are a number of free options. If you want to do it with vectors, Inkscape is useful. I think GIMP is the most touted of raster-based graphics software. If you were to ask someone to do the artwork for you, you'd have to sort it out with them.
    85 weeks ago
    i have downloaded gimp2 but it's more photoshop style. i wasn't sure how it worked tbh as a lot of the designs say 'artist...' but they have the same name but the picture/name thingy at the side are different. i had no idea what that was tbh
    85 weeks ago
    There are collaborations by artists on here from time to time. I can't think of a recent one do you have an example of what you are talking about?

If I'm reading your question right, the artist would have the design in their profile but when they clicked on it above the interview they could credit both of you.
    85 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: There are collaborations by artists on here from time to time. I can't think of a recent one do you have an example of what you are talking about?

If I'm reading your question right, the artist would have the design in their profile but when they clicked on it above the interview they could credit both of you.

I'm fairly certain that he is being confused by the 'art curated by' section, which is usually done by jimiyo.
    85 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: There are collaborations by artists on here from time to time. I can't think of a recent one do you have an example of what you are talking about?

i'v done a couple designs on paint but obviously the wouldn't be able to be used as they are as they aren't great quality (well for paint they are) i mean if i submitted them would they be able to use a better system to sort it out... would that be classed as a collaboration?

NinjaStart said:
    I'm fairly certain that he is being confused by the 'art curated by' section, which is usually done by jimiyo.

sorry i'm a she. i'm not being confused in terms of the bits with the 'art by' bit. it's that i haven't got the software (nor the talent required) to design a final draft. but have a few ideas that i wouldn't mind submitting but as i can't design it properly i don't know how it would work. (if any of that makes sense)
    85 weeks ago
    kingbilly said:

i'v done a couple designs on paint but obviously the wouldn't be able to be used as they are as they aren't great quality (well for paint they are) i mean if i submitted them would they be able to use a better system to sort it out... would that be classed as a collaboration?

NinjaStart said:

sorry i'm a she. i'm not being confused in terms of the bits with the 'art by' bit. it's that i haven't got the software (nor the talent required) to design a final draft. but have a few ideas that i wouldn't mind submitting but as i can't design it properly i don't know how it would work. (if any of that makes sense)

Sorry for calling you a 'he'. I was confused by the whole 'kingbilly' name. Anyways, submitting unfinished artwork or artwork that you feel is not of good quality is of no use. Teefury is not going to finish the design for you. If you could find someone to collaborate with and contact them, that's another story. You could describe to that person what your idea is or send them a rough sketch, and they could draw or finish it.
    85 weeks ago
    NinjaStart said:
    Sorry for calling you a 'he'. I was confused by the whole 'kingbilly' name. Anyways, submitting unfinished artwork or artwork that you feel is not of good quality is of no use. Teefury is not going to finish the design for you. If you could find someone to collaborate with and contact them, that's another story. You could describe to that person what your idea is or send them a rough sketch, and they could draw or finish it.

It's ok i get it all the time.

that was what i wasn't sure about how it would work. is there a way of getting in touch with any of the staff that can do it for me at all. and do you know if it would cost at all?
    85 weeks ago
    The staff isn't going to do the design for you. I meant you need to find an outside person and contact THEM. You would then need to come up with a way to share the profits with them.
    84 weeks ago
    I think you should give it a go kingbilly! I'm the least arty person in the world, and im having fun and maybe getting somewhere using Inkscape and GIMP, as recommended by th50ftsnail. There are tutorials all over youtube, and it's not that difficult once you get to grips with it. If you're still having trouble, I would suggest finding a friend in the real world who is arty and seeing if they would be willing to step into designing on a computer. But you never know, you could be able to do it all by yourself if you give it a bit of time and work. Good luck, and please feel free to ask for feedback on a work-in-progress design. :) Hope you find what you're looking for. :)
    84 weeks ago
    I would agree with nurse_why, I'm also not a particularly arty person, but after spending a while actually creating something on Inkscape, rather than just fiddling around with existing images on Photoshop, I've managed to make a few ok looking things. And one thing that got printed. So you might as well give it a go and see what comes out.
    84 weeks ago
    i'll have to try sort something. from what i have played about with on inkscape it's just like paint with a few added features
    84 weeks ago
    Oh no, Inkscape is far better than paint. When you use Inkscape, don't use the brush tool, use the pen tool below the pencil tool. It allows you to create special curves and you can then edit each specific line you draw. Its better for doing the lineart in your drawing. Photoshop or GIMP is better for coloring it afterwards.
    84 weeks ago
    i ment in terms of the quality. it still looks very similar to paint i was wanting something more like the computer graphics that you see. if that makes sense