Back to forum
rss 262 weeks ago
Greetings, fellow meatbags. I am new to this lovely place, and I must say, there are quite a few talented people here! I just love some of the work I've seen.

With that, this is my first design. Recently bought a tablet and have photoshop. So, don't be too harsh. Hopefully more to come!

I just wanted feedback, before I submitted it. I still need to edit a few things, but the general lay out is there.

Criticism is awesome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Photobucket
16Comments
    262 weeks ago
    Nice, I like where it's going :D It would be nice if it were placed on a shirt so we could get a better understanding placement wise ;P

I think you might have difficulty getting that printed as it's not vector, printing requires high DPIs so a shirt like this would usually be made in Flash or Illustrator, as both work with vector images. If you don't have those programs, I'm sure you could get someone to whip this up into a vector image, you've gotten the hard part taken care of ;P (heck I'd even possibly do it, heh)

Oh yeah, right... criticism... uhh, I think the rainbow is a little bright, I think the colors should be greyed out a little? I dunno, FF0000 bothers me for some reason, heh. Although it does have that cereal box feel to it.. *rubs chin*

Well, I like what you've got so far, definitely has some marketability to it.. wait I just realized that this is just the general outline. Bah, well hopefully you don't use FF0000 on the final one *wink* looking forward to seeing how this goes.
    262 weeks ago
    i really like this design even though its got a creepyish feel to it. the only criticism i have is the dead kid in the backround. maybe make it a bit more grusome and maybe put a bit of blood on the rabbit or some bloody foot prints behing him or something. other than that nice work.
    262 weeks ago
    more than one foot print i mean.
    262 weeks ago
    Now I could be wrong but in my opinion the rainbow isn't crisp enough. As I remember the Trix commercials everything was cartoony but the rainbow always had smooth lines and definitely did not look hand drawn like yours does. I'd suggest making those lines smoother and more exact. You might also consider putting something on the box in his hand too.
    262 weeks ago
    Thank you for the tips and criticism.

@Blue - I do have illustrator, however, I haven't had the time to really use it to become good. If you are willing to help this little newbie out, I would greatly appreciate it. You can contact me at [email protected] :)

@ mental - A little more grotesque and gruesome? I like your way of thought! Thanks :D

@ liner - I understand. It isn't crisp and such because I 'hand' drew it in photoshop using a tablet. Also, yeah, I am still thinking of what to add to the box. I've several ideas still and have been playing around. It's hard to find Trix commercials and such to see the rainbows, kids and the rabbit.

:)
    262 weeks ago
    hey its actually mental patient. i have 2 accounts. no problem. also i would have to disagree with liner 13. i like the rainbows the way they are. it gives it a bit of a crazier look. i also love the eyebrows on the rabbit, they give him a look like he has finally cracked.
    262 weeks ago
    BlueHipper has been a great help. I've changed some stuff up and here it is before I do a few more touches and let him go at it with a vector program.

Photobucket
    262 weeks ago
    it's a little disjointed. The concept isn't that involved, so you could really kinda package everything together as a single, unified graphic. As it is now, it seems like you focused on each individual item - kinda adding to it as you go along. (which is how a lot of people work - but you'll get a stronger image if you make some thumbnails/plan then draw everything as one big piece...if that makes sense)

Just my opinion, but I think if you brought the chopped-in-half dude to the front (I don't think the rabbit legs/feet buy that much) and then positioned the rainbow a little better (maybe just going over the whole scene - maybe even have the rainbow hidden behind the rabbit a little bit) you'd have a more solid design. You could then increase the size a little bit. I like the idea of the bloody rabbit tracks, but they aren't essential to the idea and they don't necessarily fit with the parody.

also - for this piece - I'd work on getting a cleaner line to better match the parodied art. You can get clean lines in Photoshop - just use the bezier tool.

it's a fun concept though - keep it up!
    262 weeks ago
    Thanks for the tips, jecrt :) Greatly appreciated. Blue was also telling me that I had a little too much red. So I decided to take out the blood and tweak everything around a bit. I liked some of your tips for sure and have two updates.

As far as a cleaner line, I'll get to that later. Think of these as sketches before they get inked.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    262 weeks ago
    i think the old rainbows made it look more insane. like nothing was quite straight in the picture. also i like the idea of what you did with the box a lot. is the second ring around his eye new?
    262 weeks ago
    Yes, to give him a sort of psychosis feel, like he finally snapped. I had more people tell me the old rainbow was off, so I did a newer version that was actually straight, instead of warped.
    262 weeks ago
    the rainbow need to be squirting out of the cut body and in the opposite direction. I like the blood dripping from foot idea but try and see how it looks it its rainbow colored blood. No bloody foot print. No "now with axe" on box. Bigger axe blade. Foot on the ground seems so much smaller than the other foot. The lines need to be more fluid. they seem kinda unsure. Long fluid lines will help sell the piece better. Concept is cool ans with some adjustments could really work.
    262 weeks ago
    Thanks. I'll work with a few of the suggestions and come up with a new one that I will show later on.
    261 weeks ago
    Yay, I was finally able to work on it this morning. It has been one very hectic week. I decided to personally take a crack at it and took some of the criticism and tips here. Let me know what you think of some of the changes.

Photobucket
    261 weeks ago
    awesome! i want it!
    261 weeks ago
    Well, slightly modified it and submitted it last night. Here's to wishing me luck they accept it!