Back to forum
rss 88 weeks ago
I've been obsessing over this drawing for a couple of weeks now. Finally made myself stop and sent it in.

Thoughts? :)

*bites nails*

GothamDeco
8Comments
    88 weeks ago
    howdy jennrosefx, this is pretty nifty, although The Joker's face could probably use a little bit of work though in my opinion - the nose is a bit aquiline and the mouth is a little too widely cut. Lovely design otherwise.
    87 weeks ago
    And I was thinking (like 5 seconds ago) "Why are there no Batman shirts?"
    I like this one, however I think I'd like it more if there were more contrast or more grayscale - it's so bright! But that might just be me.
    87 weeks ago
    Hi! Thanks for the feedback, all.

I was going for a more stylized, deco look. I tried the Joker's face out looking more like Ledger and it just didn't feel right to me. The other two faces are mostly covered, but that face being exposed, it made more sense to me being more stylized. *shrugs* I'll play around with it some more though. :)

Honestly, I'm happiest with the line art by itself with no color... hehehe... but THAT is WAY too bright. Haha.

*ponders*

As for the color, I agreed with you at first. But when I made all the grays a few shades darker, the image became too dark in my opinion (says the girl who only owns really dark clothing, heh). Upping the contrast felt tooooo constrasty and harsh to me, but I'm tempted to play with it some more. Mess with the shading further to make things pop.
    87 weeks ago
    Weird- when it posted my comment, it jumbled up the paragraph order. Can't seem to find a way to go back and edit it either. Grrrrrr. Well, sorry for the lack of continuity in my response. Not my fault! Honest!
    87 weeks ago
    Wow! Awesome design! Love the art style. Hope it gets printed because I want one. Great job!
    87 weeks ago
    I like it a lot.
    87 weeks ago
    that's pretty amazing
    nice concept, love the artwork
    87 weeks ago
    Thank you!!! :)