Back to forum
rss 101 weeks ago
Hey guys what do yall think? Is this design going anywhere? Thanks!

5Comments
    101 weeks ago
    ToTheRescue.jpg

Submitted this one a few weeks ago. Is there any hope for me or should I throw in the towel. Thanks for any feedback.
    101 weeks ago
    I don't really understand the joke for the first one. The colors don't seem to flow together very well. The shirt would look strange if the building were cut off like it is right now.

The second design I think is better. Though, I don't really understand it either. It looks gradients were used. Plus, the use of copyrighted characters without any signs of parody won't fly.
    101 weeks ago
    I dont think were on the same page here,but I appreciate the feedback though. I cropped the first one so it would fit bigger in the picture,and it is the entire building in the original. The joke is mario kart the game would constantly have broken go carts so they would need a place for repair. The second is all the really great things from our childhoods. Also I am not sure of the gradients you keep referring to I just shaded in black. I am incredibly new to this so I must be missing something I'm not allowed to do? Lastly I think those characters together in a warthog like dukes of hazzard is the parody. I will rethink both of these designs I'm glad you commented thanks a bunch. Does everyone else agree?
    101 weeks ago
    Basically gradients are a no-no when it comes to t-shirt printing on here - as the limit is 6 colours plus tee colour (I think). Because a gradient would effectively use a selection of colours to represent the transition from colour to colour (for example from black to white would require several shades of grey in between - perhaps fifty - perhaps more), this would get through your 6 colours very quickly.

In the second design it looks like you may have used a soft brush or similar tool that has made it gradient, it would probably be better to use a solid fill on the areas that you want darker (assuming that you have enough colours), or failing that use halftones.

The first design really needs a broken down cart (Kart?) outside it to make it quick and easy for people to get - also get rid of the sign at the top with Peach and Koopa's businesses, as that confuses it further, even after I read the sign, it still screams 'diner' to me. I'd agree with NinjaStart that the colours are a little jarring together, particularly on white.

Generally I'd guess if you need to be cropping stuff out of the sides of your image to display it on here, it's probably going to be a bit wide to fit the constrains of a tee, as the full image will be tiny when sized to the printable area. I'd say go back and work a bit on the first design to make it fit better and more apparent that it is a cart (Kart?) place, but keep at it.
    100 weeks ago
    the50ftsnail said: Basically gradients are a no-no when it comes to t-shirt printing on here - as the limit is 6 colours plus tee colour (I think). Because a gradient would effectively use a selection of colours to represent the transition from colour to colour (for example from black to white would require several shades of grey in between - perhaps fifty - perhaps more), this would get through your 6 colours very quickly.

In the second design it looks like you may have used a soft brush or similar tool that has made it gradient, it would probably be better to use a solid fill on the areas that you want darker (assuming that you have enough colours), or failing that use halftones.

The first design really needs a broken down cart (Kart?) outside it to make it quick and easy for people to get - also get rid of the sign at the top with Peach and Koopa's businesses, as that confuses it further, even after I read the sign, it still screams 'diner' to me. I'd agree with NinjaStart that the colours are a little jarring together, particularly on white.

Generally I'd guess if you need to be cropping stuff out of the sides of your image to display it on here, it's probably going to be a bit wide to fit the constrains of a tee, as the full image will be tiny when sized to the printable area. I'd say go back and work a bit on the first design to make it fit better and more apparent that it is a cart (Kart?) place, but keep at it.

Thank you for bringing some life to that for me. I painted the colors in different layers, and then shaded black on the topmost layer. I lightly erased some of the black to attempt shading. I was thinking everything would be printed in one layer and that would make it easy. I did not realize that would actually create these gradients. I did want to add a cart on a lift in the first bay, but I was trying to simplify the design. I will revamp both of these with your advice. Thanks so much for your help, and your time.