Never did a shirt before, I submitted this, so I figured it would take a while. But in the meantime I wanted to know what you think of it.

If everyone thinks it smurfs, well, I guess I won't have to worry about it not getting picked hah. This is my first one, so....don't hold back. I want real opinions.

Photobucket
6Comments
    88 weeks ago
    After a little bit of searching with almost nothing to go on, I was able to work out this is a mash-up of Trailer Park Boys and the Pepboys logo. (It's probably a good idea to mention your references when asking for feedback.)

So, real opinions? Well, while I believe you have the rough draft of an idea, I think the execution is off. You haven't managed to match the style of of the pepboys logo properly, which is very important when parodying a logo.

pepboys-logo.jpg

For example, the font you've used isn't the same as used in the real logo and the heads you've drawn are in a style that doesn't really mirror the Pepboys either. I would start by trying to recreate the real logo first. Once you've matched that exactly, you can then adapt it to your own design.

I think you have an idea here that could work, at least for people that get the references, I believe you just need to match up to the real logo better.

Good Luck :)
    88 weeks ago
    I didn't get the "Trailer Park Boys" reference, but I've never even heard of the show. Unlike Chuffy, I did immediately get that it was a parody of the Pepboys logo.

I'm not much of an art critic, but I do think you should match the font style and color (a little darker maybe).
    88 weeks ago
    Thanks for the tips!
    I didn't state the parodies because I wanted to see if it was clear, which it was, ish for both posts.

The font was the closest I could find between the two ideas. But I will change it.

And I see your point about the actual art. But I wasn't entirely sure how close I should match it. If I may have recreated it, it might have had legal issues, yada yada...like I said, I am new to this.

But I'll do some fixin, I'll try and match them a bit closer.

I appreciate it guys!
    88 weeks ago
    just wanted to say i got both the references instantly (though i never actually watch trailer park boys). As was pointed out in the first comment, the font is wrong in the logo, but thats an easy fix. The only problem I can see is people not getting the concept.
    88 weeks ago
    And that is. But what I love about this site's shirts, is that if you don't know what it is, you won't get it. Makes ya feel special. Hah.

I'm still looking for a better font.
    88 weeks ago
    celticp said: I'm still looking for a better font.

Trace the Pepboys letters and then using a similar font for the letters you don't already have (A, R & K) trace over and adapt them to match.

www.dafont.com & www.fontsquirrel.com are a good places to try.