Back to forum
rss 88 weeks ago
I had an Idea for a TARDIS to fly across the moon like E.T and Elliot xD

I framed it and I don't know if I'm to sure if I like it, What do you think I could do to improve this design?

7Comments
    88 weeks ago
    I added some catchphrases, do you think it helps or hinders the design?

tumblr_m8aq95hbrt1ry4059o1_500.jpg
    88 weeks ago
    I think the boarder maybe to busy, does this look anybetter?

tumblr_m8awiqDCs81ry4059o1_500.jpg
    88 weeks ago
    This idea was already done by Perdita00 as Dr Moon over a year ago.

When you get an idea for a T-shirt, always check it hasn't been done by someone else. It's a hard lesson if you've spent a lot of time on it, but it's a lesson you won't forget. :(

Check with Google image search, check on RedBubble.com, check with Bing image search just to be sure. It saves you a lot of time in the long run.
    88 weeks ago
    Thanks for info :) its nice to see that this idea, is so sort after, by other artists or illustrators way before I even envisaged it.

I still think I might work on this though, I could possibly change it up slightly, everyone is entitled to there own take on an idea, just like how a good portion of artists will make an abbey road parody. Besides this idea is rather broad and none linear, the tardis silhouetted against the moon, its barely strict. To be perfectly honest I got the my inspiration for this from them wolf t-shirts that seem to be back in fashion.

As it is similar though, any suggestions on how I can improve, I was thinking of adding a mist, but I'm not sure. what do you think Mr.Chuffy sir?
    88 weeks ago
    In all honestly, I'd drop it now and start on a different design. If you've watched the front page comments (Today's Tee) everyday, buyers (or at least commenters) can be extremely critical at the slightest grievance, whether real or ridiculous. If you rehash a design combo that's already been done all you'll generate is a torrent of abuse and ill will.

Even Jimiyo, the TeeFury art director and good T-shirt designer in his own right, took a lot of complaints for one of his designs that people felt was similar to a pre-existing design; despite the fact that the reference material was limited so similarities were unintended and unavoidable.

Don't rehash as design that's already been done, you'll just annoy people. If you want to be printed on TeeFury, move on from this idea and start something new & original.
    88 weeks ago
    Heed the sage advice from the wise Chuffy. I'm sure there are other good designs running through your mind.
    88 weeks ago
    Thank you for you're advice on that one then