Back to forum
rss 89 weeks ago
I was originally going to create a BTTF and Doctor who Hybrid time machine, but notice I went over 6 colours alone on the different shades of the Tardis, Didn't even start adding the delorean part that I want to. So I scrapped the idea and just made a little Mr.Fusion Ad

I'm not sure what I should do to progress, any Ideas on how I could improve this design (note: the background should be transparent)
10Comments
    89 weeks ago
    No help so far :[

I thought I'd show which area would be transparent by putting the design on other colour backdrops, to help you guys, help me xD

tumblr_m85etcRGdT1ry4059o1_500.jpg
    89 weeks ago
    McAwesomme said: No help so far :[

Help isn't always that fast here on the TeeFury forums but sooner or later someone should comment. Consider commenting on others work, feedback is a two-way street. ;)

I like the design idea. Personally I'd be tempted to drop the 'Mr Fusion' text altogether as I feel it sits at odds with the rest of the design. The drawing, logo and 'Fusion Industries' text all work though. Perhaps consider playing with the size of the drawing and its position relative to the logo and text.

Finally I suggest trying some sort of framing device in the background behind the drawing. This could be as simple as a filled circle or as complex as another visual reference (e.g. a Flux Capacitor or clock or atomic symbol). In the end these may or may not work, but they might be worth a try.

Good Luck :)
    89 weeks ago
    On second thoughts, try to work in the words 'Mr Fusion' somewhere. It's just the color/style of the lettering I wasn't keen on.
    89 weeks ago
    Nice Ideas, I'll have to rejig most of the colours anyway, I thought. I like the idea of a "framing picture" in the background, will I be able to use a pale cream at half its opacity for it, or would it count as a serperate colour?

Thanks for the ideas, really helpful :)
    89 weeks ago
    That would result in another ink. To achieve half opacity use a halftone of one of your existing colors.

It'd be quite possible to get this whole design down to a single ink if you omitted the red and use halftone and thru-color. But I wouldn't try that just yet, get the design how you want it first. ;)
    89 weeks ago
    I'm a big BTTF fan, and I like where this is going. My thoughts on text: I'd try moving the "Mr. Fusion" onto the device itself. Maybe under the symbol? I'd try moving the "Fusion Industries" to the top, and then you could have some sort of tagline or motto on the bottom- that would let you tie in another reference to the movie. (E.g. "Where you're going yiu don't need xxx" or "Plutonium-Free Since 1993", etc)

Just my $.02. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. :)
    89 weeks ago
    I agree that the Mr Fusion title should remain but with a font change. The Fusion Ind logo is hard and industrial where as the title is a throw back to the 50's. It looks like you might be using a flavor Eurostile in the logo. That's a great font. One of my favorites. It was used a lot in the 80's. Try using one of it's variants maybe Eurostile Black. to really make the title pop. You could try it like:
    MISTER
    FUSION
    and drop it behind with the generator overlapping it a bit. I don't know. Just throwing it out there.
    89 weeks ago
    Yeah, I was Originally going for a 50's ad at the top of the screen and a 2015 at the bottom (1955-2015) but I agree with all of you, it doesn't really sit right.
    89 weeks ago
    Thanks for the helpful tips guys, is this looking any better, so far?

tumblr_m86tgc0AGb1ry4059o1_500.jpg
    89 weeks ago
    The halftone dots flipped on the word energy some how, no idea how xD bare in mind the darker edge of energy should be the bottom :]