Back to forum
rss 89 weeks ago
Hi all,

I'm working on this design for HIMYM mashed up with Clue. I'm trying to decide on what "weapons" to include on the board. I've got the french horn, Robin's handgun, and the yellow umbrella, but to be true to the game, there should be a total of six. Any suggestions? Other suggestions/critiques are welcome as well! Thanks!

16Comments
    89 weeks ago
    A "sub sandwich"?
    89 weeks ago
    I second the "sandwich". How about a ducky tie for the noose.
    89 weeks ago
    I had another thought, What about the cockroach\rat thing that keeps cumming up? Also an open hand with a few motion lines to indicate a slap.
    89 weeks ago
    Not sure I can accurately depict a cockamouse (:)) but love the ideas. Keep ' em coming!
    89 weeks ago
    Here's an update. What do you think?

CLUE%20mockup2.jpg
    86 weeks ago
    I'd add Ted's infamous "pulling them off red cowboy boots" lol.
    Maybe something to do with architecture as well.
    I'd also somehow try to incorporate lily being the evil mastermind behind breaking everyone up all the time.
    Barney's magic ringing phone...maybe.
    As for the 6th character how about the mother? We don't know who she is but it only seems fair lol.
    86 weeks ago
    This is awesome. However, doesn't it say Professor Moeby on Ted's card - on the upside down bit?

I think the Ducky Tie as a noose would be amazing - tied as a tie but arranged to look like a noose should be fairly easy, I'd have thought. I'd personally get rid of the palette and brush to make room for it - it looks simple compared to the other weapons and doesn't make a huge amount of sense as a murder weapon. In the way a sandwich obviously does.

But other than those bits, this is a really quite epic design.
    86 weeks ago
    Yep the50ftsnail is right it says Moeby instead of Mosby
    85 weeks ago
    Thanks all!

@jeff- I had meant for the mother to be the the turned over card, with the heart. The whole game is figuring out who's on that last card. If that's not coming across, maybe I need to find a way to signify it more strongly.

@50ftsnail- thanks for the catch! this is not my week for typos. i really need to edit more carefully. I had picked the palette because I wanted something more iconic for lily, but I agree that it's the weakest of the "weapons". I mean, c'mon, the sandwich could clearly be poisoned. ;)

Thanks for all of the ideas, everyone. I'll post an update when I have one.
    85 weeks ago
    You're most welcome, I'm honestly not sure why I noticed it - technically it is my job to find typos in graphics - but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm good at it.

I'm racking my brains over something else that would make a more suitable weapon for Lily, but can't really think of anything particularly pertinent - a 6 pack of the local beer (or even a keg) as delivered in the 'three days of snow' episode or the triple signed baseball from 'aldrin justice' could be interesting - but mostly because I like the concept of her dishing out Aldrin Justice with a baseball, but they're both a little specific to particular episodes I guess.
    85 weeks ago
    just to reassure you - i got the concept immediately when i saw the shirt design that the card face down is the unknown mother. and i actually really love that the only clue character left is miss scarlet for the mother and you put the heart as fingerprints! i really like the design's simple layout like i'm looking at a clue board with the pieces spread out.

and i agree with all the others who suggested the ducky tie as a noose - it would be the perfect barney weapon. also agree with your thought that the paint brush and palette are not fitting in as lily's weapon. even though you said earlier that you didn't think you could do the cockamouse - give it a try! i think it would be perfect next to lily's card - it could be fuzzy body with a mouse tail and two antennas coming out of the head with the shell-like wings (that bugs have) spread out (like when it flew away). just an idea! because i think it would be the perfect touch for this design with all the already awesome references you've made!

but overall i wanted to give you encouragement on this design because it would be an instabuy for me! keep up the good work!
    85 weeks ago
    AHHHHH.... I love the ducky tie. Why did I not listen sooner?!?! Seriously, thanks all. I tried the cowboy boots, but, a) they just HAD to be red, and b) because there's no other strong red in the design, it didn't gel well with the rest of the design.

And I'm thinking now Lily doesn't need her OWN thing. She's got as much a claim to the sandwich and ducky tie as anyone else, right?

CLUEmockup3.jpg
    85 weeks ago
    Awesome, good luck with the submission!
    85 weeks ago
    What if you changed the purple piece on Ted's card to red, would that be more complimenting to the boots? OR
    Ted Weapon: A stick of dynamite with the letters GNB on it since he did blow up the Arcadian and all. OR a pineapple from the pineapple incident!
    Lily weapon: All i can think of for her is a credit card, one of those high heels she buys with those credit cards, or that horse she beheaded in her class lol.
    Just throwing out ideas dude, like the design so far though.
    84 weeks ago
    I want to buy this shirt now!
    Maybe move the hand to Lily (she is the slap bet commissioner) and the ducky tie to Barney?
    84 weeks ago
    I love this so much! I would but this shirt in a slap- whoops, "snap" ( :P )
    The yellow umbrella was such a good idea, but maybe make the sandwich a slightly more obvious shape as i didnt get it immediately without looking at the comments. I didnt realise this game was just called "Clue" in the US, here (UK) its called Cluedo and i think the suspects have different names.
    But fantastic design- i really hope this prints, i'd love it. All my friends watch HIMYM, so they'd actually get this tee- some of the more geeky ones sadly go unappreciated by them... Great work Doc_1sh!