Back to forum
rss 103 weeks ago
Here's something I came up with tonight. Any thoughts? Should I submit it? I think it's a fun shirt.

Photobucket

Thanks guys!

(Don't forget to check out my Warbucks design thread).
9Comments
    103 weeks ago
    Ash as Boushh and Pikachu as Salacious! Funny :)

Jabba doesn't look like a pokemon which is probably best as it could take the design too far away from the Star Wars reference.
    103 weeks ago
    Few things I think I'm going to work on.

1) I think I want to put some highlights on Jabba and Picachu so they stand out a little more.

2) Thoughts on a text bubble near Jabba's head with maybe a Jabba line or laughing?

3) What do you think about the Boush helmet? I wanted it to be sitting on Ash's head but now I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

Thanks...
    103 weeks ago
    Highlights wouldn't hurt. I think a speech bubble is unnecessary as the design is strong enough without it, unless you have a very funny thing for Jabba to say (no obvious quip springs to mind).

I think the Helmet is good as it's a strong visual cue; it's how I spotted it was referencing Star Wars immediately, before even noticing Jabba.

I feel that the best designs work because of clear references and this design already has that. :)
    103 weeks ago
    Great. Thanks Chuffy... I value your opinion (as well as others). Thanks for touching on my questions. "I" see the helmet and references but, then again, I know what it's suppose to be so I wanted to make sure it was clear enough. I'm glad you got it.

I'll scratch the text bubble... I didn't want to go there but didn't know if Jabba was apparent enough. I think once I put in some hightlights the silhouetted characters will pop a bit more. Subtle but enough.

Thanks again.
    102 weeks ago
    Made some changes and cleaned it up a bit. Hope you like it...

Photobucket
    102 weeks ago
    Hi Warbucks, the added color and highlight to the helmet helped a lot. Your first version took me a little while to catch the reference. I personally would prefer the mask to be on, I don't think showing Ash's face is necessary (maybe have his hair sticking out of the mask in the back or adding his backpack). Also maybe add some tech lines on the pokeball to reference more clearly the thermal detonator reference. All in all, a very clever concept, best of luck!
    102 weeks ago
    Great.. thank you for the feedback. You know, I couldn't decided whether I should have the mask on or off. Eventually I guess I wanted to get the princess Leia concept where she takes the helmet off. But having the helmet on might be a nice idea as well. I really like the idea of adding more detail to Pokemon ball to resemble more of a thermal detonator. Just have to make sure I don't lose the overall look of the ball.

Thanks for the ideas. Appreciate the thoughts!!
    102 weeks ago
    The highlighting worked very well. The Helmet looks a little crooked though. If you follow the center line up thru the mouth piece and visor I think you'll see it.

I'd like to see the revised helmet in the original brown, maybe accented/highlighted with white and/or the gold color. To my eye the helmet looks odd matching not matching the outfit. I copied pasted the new version into my paint package and did a quick and dirty color fill on gold parts of the new helmet, it seemed to work. Just a thought.

Funnily enough, I'm working on a Star Wars design today. I started it a few weeks ago, then left it. I guess it must be Star Wars design week again. ;)
    102 weeks ago
    Hi Chuffy. Yeah... I wanted the helmet to be offset on his head but now that you mentioned it I think it's not turned enough that it just looks like a mistake. I'm probably better off just straightening it out.

The helmet - I played around with that for a while and as I really wanted it to be the brown color it just seemed to keep getting lost or hard to identify. I'll give it another go because to keep it true to the movie counterpart, the helmet is dark (grey/brown) with the mouth being yellow. I'll give it a go and see what it looks like.

Good luck with your design.. can't wait to see it. May the Force be with you.