Back to forum
rss 91 weeks ago
Well here is my first submission to Teefury,a cartoony image based on the classic sci-fi film "This Island Earth". Not the most popular movie movie idea for a tee shirt but oh well, it was still a blast to draw. Opinions? Thoughts?

Photobucket
5Comments
    91 weeks ago
    This a great design and very original! I don't believe I've ever even seen a shirt for This Island Earth done before. Your shading is fantastic, and it seems very true to the characters in the movie too! If I had to give a critique, it would be that the background doesn't have to be there- it would work without it, since the character designs are so focal to the design. I'd also say that the font for the title doesn't stand out much compared to the tagline at the bottom.
    91 weeks ago
    Wow. I haven't seen that movie in ages. Uh oh, starting to show my age. Very well done design. I haven't seen too many designs with such a strong sense of nostalgia incorporated into it.
    90 weeks ago
    This is incredible, and your first submission? Really? Wow.
    I havent seen the film, but have heard it referenced, sounds original. Good work, this design is fantastic! It looks like something straight off the cover of a comic, very professionally done. Kudos.
    89 weeks ago
    My initial thought is that you have run into the same problem I have with the designs I first came up with: too many colors. You have 10 different colors (I count grey, dark grey, blue, light blue, dark blue, red, black, white, flesh, darker flesh) and are only allowed 6. As debledsaw mentioned, the shading is fantastic, but from what I've been told from a few people, the design won't be accepted because of the color max. :(
    84 weeks ago
    Thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated! Ingencorp, I suppose I wasn't counting black and white as colours so I put too many in there, but perhaps if I remove the shading layer it'll be acceptable. Perhaps I should re-submit it without shading? Thanks again!