Back to forum
rss 105 weeks ago
Here's a new one had this idea for a little bit and had some time to work on it. Let me know what you guys think.

Shift Happens NAVY preview
12Comments
    105 weeks ago
    i really like that but i would say maybe have the caption a little bigger
    105 weeks ago
    I think the drawings are great and I think I would prefer it without any words
    105 weeks ago
    Thanks Shumaza! I tried just that in this revised one below.

Thanks Heyboova! I'm usually not too crazy about words with designs on tees...I don't mind it on this one, but may try it without and see which I like best.

I also added the fly which I totally missed..

Shift Happens new
    105 weeks ago
    That's an awesome design. I'm not familiar with the show, but I get what you're doing here. Nice job!
    104 weeks ago
    Thanks Johnnygood!

Here's some mocks i put together....and also trying it without text...
    Shift happens Mocks 2
    104 weeks ago
    Sell me #1 with normal Male/Unisex short sleeves.

E
    104 weeks ago
    DeltaSigcHI4 - I'll see what I can do...

Here's another one. I thought since it's True Blood related to put it in this same thread...

"The Most Interesting Vampire in the World"

TMIVIITW 004
    104 weeks ago
    I like the shift happens idea, but as a woman I wouldn't want a nude male on my shirt. I know he's in profile, and it helps to be nude so that he doesn't get stuck in the clothes, but eh.
    As for the Russel shirt he looks odd. His face seems to be too low on his head, he has no neck, and his shoulders sit too high. It's an odd perspective that I personally don't care for.
    Both shirts are well thought out and nicely designed, but I feel that there is room for improvement.
    104 weeks ago
    Oh, HELL YEAH!! I would buy this! and I think the caption is a fine size but slightly bigger would be good as well:)
    104 weeks ago
    I definitely like it with the caption. I'd rather someone seeing it understands it, and that seems more likely with 'shift happens'. Plus, without it you lose the play on words. The horses's midsection looks strangely long, but only when I studied the picture a little better. And, it's true, you may lose buyers with Sam being naked....I like the yellow moon version as well. Overall, nice work;)
    104 weeks ago

Thanks for the awesome feedback reeciekins! I wasn't too sure on how naked Sam would go over with people, so I get what you mean for sure. I may try one with a pile of clothes there instead and see how that looks.

Great call on the Russell design! I was so focused on getting some other things right, I overlooked neck length. I worked on it some and have the latest set of tweaks below.

Thanks for the input and crits firefly69! I enlarged the text on the Russell design a little.

Although I like the Sam design with or without text, I agree that it is easier to understand with it included. I think I will try the design and approach Sam differently. I'll post the revisions.

TMIVITW 06 preview
    103 weeks ago
    Much better on the Russel shirt. I would take a second look at his pinkie, but other than that, I've got nothing. Much much better ;)
    With the Sam shirt, I'd like to see a mockup with the pile of clothes. I also like both the original with the fly on the lettering, and the yellow moon one. I prefer the moon over the other, but I feel that some might not get it without the letters.

I hope this helps.