Back to forum
rss 92 weeks ago
What do you guys think about my Pikmin design? Any advice or feedback you have to offer?

pikmin1

pikmin2
15Comments
    92 weeks ago
    Most excellent
    92 weeks ago
    Awe, it's so cute! I love Pikmin, but I hate white shirts personally.
    92 weeks ago
    Love the design, but I think it would look better on a green shirt.
    92 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback. I think you guys were right about the white shirt being the wrong choice and I decided to change it to a green shirt. This change in colour also lead me to changing the ship and stars to white to make them more complimentary and streamlining the pikmin stems as they didn't stand out that well on the green and became a bit confused. What do you make of the changes?

pikmina1

pikmin
    92 weeks ago
    Way better!
    92 weeks ago
    My god, love it on green. I have never even played pikmin but I'd totally buy it.
    92 weeks ago
    Thanks! Any other feedback before I submit?
    91 weeks ago
    Also what do you guys think about naming the design "Day 30"? I think it fits well with the design but I am unsure if a more direct name would be better for those unfamiliar with the Pikmin games.

Alternatives I considered are
    Parting Pikmin
    Homeward Bound
    Journey Home
    Distant Planet Departure

Do you like the original name or do you think another would would be better.
    91 weeks ago
    I think that you should stick with "Day 30." You'll get to describe what the shirt is about in the side Q&A. The design looks a lot better on green. I only wear white as an undershirt, so I'm glad you made the change. I will buy this if it's made available. Good work on this!
    91 weeks ago
    Btw, what happened to the little details (the middle of the flower and the other two) in the green one? I miss them!
    91 weeks ago
    might you try to work in the nose, the mouth, and the ears of each respective colour? Worth an idea.

also, I like the colour of the shirt but I don't think Teefury distributes that particular one.
    90 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feedback and after a holiday induced delay I have returned taking into account the feedback. Below are four different versions experimenting with the reintroduction of the additional details which were originally removed as on the green I felt they lacked definition and made the design less streamlined, what are your opinions.

Additionally I have changed the colours slightly using a green which tee fury prints shirts on giving a better idea of how the printed design would look.

pikmin1a
    pikmin1b
    pikmin2a
    pikmin2b
    pikmin3a
    pikmin3b
    pikmin4a
    pikmin4b

As for including the ears I did consider that option but each colour pikmin in shaped differently with some not having ears and frankly it would just annoy me to change their design in that way. Angain thanks for the feedback and any additional opinions would be appreciated, I think i'm near completing and submitting this design now.
    90 weeks ago
    I like the second one best since i love the little details on the pikmins.
    90 weeks ago
    Either the second or the third design definitely.
    I really, really want this shirt...
    90 weeks ago
    I think that I may submit the third design with the detail in the ship complimenting the detail in the pikmin.