Back to forum
rss 277 weeks ago
So are all you teefurians really completely sick of skulls with no exceptions or do you feel like they are just used to frivolously?

I agree that the last time I walked into walmart I never wanted to draw another skull ever again because they were just slapped on every t-shirt in there with no rhyme or reason. later on I began to thing though, its not just because it has a skull on it that I dislike the designs.. its because its a bad design all together.

Do you think you could still be sold on a design with skulls?

If I have a concept for a piece of art and I try to make a point not to use a skull purely out of principle and not for the better of the piece, isn't that just as bad as throwing one in there for no reason? I don't know... just rambling...
12Comments
    277 weeks ago
    to a degree, i agree with you, skulls may be cool. But 3 days out of the last 5 seems a bit much for any them, no matter how different/artistic the design may be... that may be just me
    277 weeks ago
    them should be theme - WE NEED AN EDIT BUTTON
    277 weeks ago
    oh, I actually didn't realize the last few days were all skulls
    277 weeks ago
    I'd agree they are overused, but sometimes they can be done perfectly well.

3 out of 5 may sound like a lot, but 3 out of 20 doesn't sound so bad... It was just bad luck that they all happened at the same time this month.
    277 weeks ago
    I think it depends on how subtly the skulls are worked into the design. Something like This design by Hydro74 is disguised enough not to annoy me. More obvious skulls everywhere get on my nerves.
    277 weeks ago
    I'd say you do whatever you want and the people that like skulls will continue to buy skulls and the people that don't will continue to give statistics about skull vs. non-skull designs.
    277 weeks ago
    nah, man. Skulls are cool. IF they are done well, anything is acceptable.

Plus, like, I have one.

277 weeks ago
    I agree with jecrt.
    277 weeks ago
    I agree that there can be good designs with skulls and and bad ones, just like with anything. And while I think that skulls are definitely overused I don't think that means they have to be eliminated completely from all designs. I like hydro's design linked to by maskofarius because the skull actually fits with the design and isn't the focus of the design. I like it better when there's actually a design that a skull fits into rather than creating something around a skull simply because it's popular right now.
    277 weeks ago
    liner13: well-said!
    276 weeks ago
    Definitely skullz.
    275 weeks ago
    skulls rock! Provided it's not just another big distressed print of a skull on it's own, that's getting boring.

Ooooon the topic of skulling or not though...

ok to like skulls?

Currently up for voting on teextile, help me out? =)

vote here or click the picture above
    http://www.teextile.com/designs/670/Ok_to_like_skulls/