Back to forum
rss 93 weeks ago
I’m just working on my first tee, and really nerves, as a newbie is there any hints or how did you feel on your first submit?
7Comments
    93 weeks ago
    Don't be nervous. Just have fun creating something you're proud of. I recently read that they receive around 1200 submissions per month and if you see the stuff that gets printed here, you know that some of these artists are absolute professionals. The competition here is tough to say the least. I've submitted about 5 or 6 things and I've never been printed but I feel like my work gets a little bit better each time. Hopefully someday it will happen but if not, I'm alright with that. Just try to enjoy the process. That's my only advice. Good luck (:
    93 weeks ago
    Create something you would wear. And once it's pretty much complete, get some feedback on the design.

And don't get down about being rejected if that is your fear. You'll create more rejects that you will winners that's just the nature of the business.

I think I'm swinging around 15% success with my submissions.
    93 weeks ago
    1200.... suddenly my six or seven rejections don't sting as much.
    93 weeks ago
    thank you sooo much for leaving comments, now i feel a bit less like a newbie and just started thinking of an Eddie Izzard tee that maybe cool or not but ha ho :/
    93 weeks ago
    I'm just starting designing tees too- not submitted any yet though. I feel the same as penfold, I'm quite critical of my own work and I'm not a designer by nature, I'm a scientist.
    I would like to get some designing equiptment this summer, and possibly a drawing tablet, but dont know what is best for simple yet effective designs. Could you help me please?
    As I've been working only on Paint and Microsoft Word Autoshapes, I really need some proper software!
    92 weeks ago
    If you're looking to create vectory things Inkscape is a reasonable program (especially considering the fact that it's free) - that is how I make my designs. There are other free programs that function a little more like Photoshop (GIMP comes to mind).

But yeah, I'd agree with Caddywompus, create something that you want to see made and don't be afraid to stick it up on here - my one printed design started out looking a bit lame, but thanks to pointers and ideas from the forums, it got good enough to be printed. So yeah, keep at it I guess.
    92 weeks ago
    Thank you very much for your help the50ftsnail. I will have a go and see what happens. I have loads of ideas, but im not the most arty of people, so it might take me a while to sort out a style that works. Great to have pros to talk to, hopefully see more of you and your work in the future. Thanks again guys :)