Back to forum
rss 107 weeks ago
So I finally put together a profile on Deviantart, containing ONLY my submissions to Teefury. Please, take a look and leave some comments below. All of the designs have been submitted and like every one else just waiting to hear something back.

http://devianrique.deviantart.com/
5Comments
    107 weeks ago
    Hey, nrique.

I feel like your designs don't really lend themselves too well to T-Shirt printing. I doubt they'd be impossible to print, but the end product seems a bit iffy. The best design you had was "Changlourious Basterds." The others' problems mainly come from the typography. With the exception of "Chang," the other three designs' text really doesn't pop and you need to amp up the boldage. Especially with the Starburns piece. That needs a big, blocky font that screams for attention. It might not hurt to change a few of the colors, either.

As for "Let's", you should make "Potato Flavored" and "Potato Chips" bigger and then I think you should redo the artwork. At least change the text. Go look up the actual Let's logo and find that font or if you're going to stick with the pseudo-Lays look, find that font or do your best to emulate it. Otherwise, it looks like a cheap imitation, rather than the snarky, smartass design you're going for.

Finally, the "Inspector Spacetime" design. I feel like there's no coherent style to the artwork in this design. You have silhouetted characters, silhouetted clock gears, but an extremely detailed telephone booth. I'm all about contrast, but this doesn't work. Maybe give it more of a background, too? So it doesn't look like the Inspector and Reggie are just floating around in whitespace. Even simple shadows would do and maybe a horizon line of some sort. Also, I think I'd try a few more candidates for the fonts, too.

Sorry if that's more critique than you expected. On the whole, the compositions and the ideas work. You just need to chisel away at them more and give them more of a polished look, then you'll be set. "Changlourious Basterds" is good to go, though.
    107 weeks ago
    That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I've been out of the graphics game for a long time so my skill set is really rusty. Just getting an honest opinion is hard these days. I've got other ideas I'm starting to work on so I'll really watch out and work on my fonts usage.
    107 weeks ago
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I've kind of been getting back in the game, myself. I learned a little design in college, played with it some after that, but then had to kind of brush up once I started freelancing full-time a few months ago. It'll come back to you after a while. Taking a few tutorials helps. And making personal projects, which you're doing. :)
    107 weeks ago
    Hey, do you know how to use the HTML tags to post images here on the forum?

107 weeks ago
    Yeah. Just do "then put the URL in quotes and then close it out with". So basically:

{ = {img src="http://teefury.com/coolness.png" /}