Back to forum
rss 95 weeks ago
So guys. I was looking through the gallery today and something struck me. How do you artists make the designs? Most of them are too complex or original to be just vectors,but I'm not sure what else you could do. I suppose there's always hand drawing,but the lines are too clean and the colors are too uniform to be that... so do you fix it up in Photoshop? I suppose you could also always use a graphics tablet (a bunch of authors of the webcomics I read do) but even in that case I'm still not entirely sure how it works. I'd love to be able to make graphic designs like the ones you all do; I'm just not sure how to get my ideas out of my sketchbook and onto the computer. So, any tee designers out there have any tips,answers, etc? It would be most helpful. :)
3Comments
    95 weeks ago
    Easiest way to get it out of your sketchbook to the computer is scanning it and live tracing it in Illustrator. That will give you your initial sketch in vector form and you can go wild on it from there.

There are a bunch of settings you can play around with when live tracing that will give you control over the image, so have a play around and see what you like.
    95 weeks ago
    I usually pencil & ink my designs on cardboard, scan them and then vectorize them in Corel ... then I tweak them (a lot, clean up lines, colour them, add text and whatnot)

95 weeks ago
    ...I use MSpaint... hence all my desgns being 8-biit style lol