Back to forum
rss 95 weeks ago
Hello and welcome to the Aperture Clothing line.

This is my first T-shirt design and I'm having trouble deciding a few things. First off The design is a mash up between Adventure Time & Portal 2. The design features Finn as Chell, Jake as GLaDOS potato form or Jake as the portal gun and lastly Ice King as Wheatley.

I would like to know if you would buy/wear it. If you like Jake as the portal gun or GLaDOS more? And finally the name of it... A few titles I came up with are: Portal Time - Aperture Adventures - Aperture Time.

Galvez3d

Galvez3d

Galvez3d

Thanks
Galvez3D
17Comments
    95 weeks ago
    I think you should keep Jake as the potato, but remove the orange/black arms extending from Jake and keep the normal black portal ones. I think you should make Finn's eyes a little smaller, since they don't look that big in the show. The white part of the long fall boots should be extended a little bit further from the legs. I think Wheatley should be taken out of it completely, as I did not recognize him as the Ice King, and it doesn't really resemble the Ice King. Overall, it's a great concept, it just needs a few tweaks.
    95 weeks ago
    Thanks for you're input, I will continue to revise the design.
    95 weeks ago
    Bump
    95 weeks ago
    Looks great, but Finn's face seems a bit... off. Maybe too small, but I'd re-reference a picture to be spot on. Jake is funny as the potato, but he's hard to see. Plus, the potato was GladOs, whereas the gun helped you through the whole game. Maybe it would make sense to keep Jake as the gun since they are partners in crime. :)
    95 weeks ago
    yeah, Finn's eye are a little too big. I'd say get rid of wheatly, too.

I'd like to see some sort of Portal 2/Adventure Time logo mash up in this. Maybe it could say "Aperture Time" kinda like the Adventure Time scroll with two portals on both ends.

I think Jake is better as the potato, but have him be just the potato, you could even make him a little bigger.

I'd also say make the BG a lighter gray or white.

It's a fantastic design.
    95 weeks ago
    Thanks for your input guys, I was considering making the background gray also.
    93 weeks ago
    UPDATE

screenshot20120703at635.png

screenshot20120703at635.png

screenshot20120703at638.png

screenshot20120703at637.png

Galvez3D
    93 weeks ago
    Really nice improvement! I think it might fit with the theme of a Portal a bit more if you made the title more like this:

png.png

Great job!
    93 weeks ago
    Thanks, I'll work on the logo more see what looks best.
    93 weeks ago
    I love it! Both logos are great!
    92 weeks ago
    Okay I worked on it some more, Please let me know what you think.

Image 1: @NinjaStart - I took your advice and changed it up a bit. The Logo by itself doesn't look half bad but together with the design it looks a bit busy too me.
    atlogos2.jpg

Image 2: Here are some of the logo concepts I put together.
    atlogos.jpg

Image 3: This logo is my favorite, the colors pop on the shirt, and the sword is kinda like sentry turret colors.
    atlogofav1.jpg

Image 4: This logo is my second favorite, looks pretty nice.
    atlogofav3.jpg

Image 5: This logo is my third favorite, I would of liked to have no stroke but the red doesn't pop with this background. I just think red on a dark color like black or dark gray just looks bad, because the logo will be small, so it will look to fuzzy.
    atlogofav2.jpg
    91 weeks ago
    Wow, these look amazing! Crossover shirts are my favourite, especially with Adventure Time! :D If this ever became available, I'd definitely buy it xD
    90 weeks ago
    Looks great! Only thing is that it looks like you are using a very consistent line weight which looks nice, except Jake's face is the only part that doesn't follow with that consistency. Perhaps if you made them all the same somehow it would look more unified? Also, something is a bit off about Finn's face... But great improvements!
    90 weeks ago
    Looks great! Only thing is that it looks like you are using a very consistent line weight which looks nice, except Jake's face is the only part that doesn't follow with that consistency. Perhaps if you made them all the same somehow it would look more unified? Also, something is a bit off about Finn's face... But great improvements!
    90 weeks ago
    90 weeks ago
    Wow, sorry for that lag-post...! D:
    90 weeks ago
    I would honestly just buy a shirt with the logo with the sword going through the portal on it.