Back to forum
rss 97 weeks ago
Okay, so i'm a huge fan of HIMYM. I saw an re-run of an episode when Barney has to wear the "Ducky Tie". And i thought of those old tuxedo t-shirts, so I mixed the 2. Please give me some feedback. I have a rough draft of it and submitted it to Teefury last night. Any feedback would be awesome and just give me a like or dislike.

It's called Suit - Up!

Photobucket
11Comments
    97 weeks ago
    Here's the updated version. Everything is alined and in proportion. Theres one without striped and one with stripes.Tell me which you like more :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    Here they are on t-shirts.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    I think this is an excellent idea, and the tie looks amazing. I think it might be worth making the jacket part of the design look more jacket like, as it currently looks like a ducky crest.

I know you're constricted by the printing area, but a bit more detail on the lapels - such as a line where the two sides of the jacket cross over - could be good.

Hope that helps/makes sense
    97 weeks ago
    the50ftsnail said: I think this is an excellent idea, and the tie looks amazing. I think it might be worth making the jacket part of the design look more jacket like, as it currently looks like a ducky crest.

I know you're constricted by the printing area, but a bit more detail on the lapels - such as a line where the two sides of the jacket cross over - could be good.

Hope that helps/makes sense

Sounds like great advice.
    here's an updated version.
    Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    I added the flap and a shirt pocket. Also an opening on the right side for a button.
    97 weeks ago
    for the record if you get this printed I for one demand they photoshop the model holding the tie Barney Stinson style as we all know that's the pose he has in every picture.
    97 weeks ago
    It looks great! The only thing I would suggest is to make it (probably by shirt color choice and no stripes on the shirt) look more like a business suit than a tux. I love HIMYM, and this would be an instabuy for me if it looked like I was wearing one of Barney's suits. People will still know the idea is from the tux tshirt. I don't know if it's possible with the printing constraints, but maybe you could show a button where the jacket would be buttoned closed. Good luck!! I hope it gets printed!
    97 weeks ago
    Cahbweb said: It looks great! The only thing I would suggest is to make it (probably by shirt color choice and no stripes on the shirt) look more like a business suit than a tux. I love HIMYM, and this would be an instabuy for me if it looked like I was wearing one of Barney's suits. People will still know the idea is from the tux tshirt. I don't know if it's possible with the printing constraints, but maybe you could show a button where the jacket would be buttoned closed. Good luck!! I hope it gets printed!

Actually, I tried with a button and it didn't come out the way I wanted. The fact that I'm limited to colors makes it harder. So thats why I decided to not have the button
    95 weeks ago
    much better without the stripes! love it!
    87 weeks ago
    isn't it kind of messed up that my design was made 10 weeks ago and a "tuxedo" HIMYM shirt comes up :l
    87 weeks ago
    cameraman954 said: isn't it kind of messed up that my design was made 10 weeks ago and a "tuxedo" HIMYM shirt comes up :l

I wouldn't think too much about it. Tuxedo-styled shirts have been around awhile, so it's more than possible that the artist came up with the idea organically. Also, the themes of the shirts are quite different.

For example, 19 weeks ago I came up with this design: http://www.teefury.com/forum/7991/Feedback_on_Design/

and then 8 weeks ago this gets printed: http://www.teefury.com/archive/1677/OOOOOOH_/

The design-style between the two are quite different. Personally, I think Winter's is way better.