Back to forum
rss 110 weeks ago
Let me introduce myself first, the name's Nina or better yet, origami_potato. I haven't got much in the way of digital art to show besides the cheesy class projects I've had to do. So I'm extremely happy to share with you my first independent design! :)

Soot Tea

Being both a fan of "My Neighbor Totoro" and the fun drink boba/bubble tea, I thought it would be a neat idea to combine the two. :)
Constructive criticism is most certainly welcomed. Thank you!
17Comments
    110 weeks ago
    Ha very cute! I love My Neighbor Totoro as well, and bubble tea is always fun - very cute to use the "soot sprites" as the bubbles. I really like it :D
    110 weeks ago
    I need to watch this. I keep seeing references to the movie but I can't appreciate them.
    110 weeks ago
    Thanks Surfercat35, I really appreciate it. :D Although I can't imagine the soot sprites being any tasty. haha

Caddywompus, you haven't seen it? In all fairness, I was only, I think, 20? when I first saw it myself. It's a great movie, if you like animations, you'd love it.
    110 weeks ago
    I'd buy it! I LOOOVE Totoro And also bubble tea :P
    110 weeks ago
    i hope you submit this design - i'd definitely buy it! one thing i'd be curious about, have you seen how the design looks on a different background color? maybe if you put it on a blue one to mimic that totoro. just a thought since i think grey is a pretty common shirt used and it would be nice to see a vibrant background color for the totoro instead.
    110 weeks ago
    hannersva, it's nice to know I'm not the only bubble tea and Totoro fanatic out there! :D Thank you!

torim, I submitted it last week. *fingers crossed* I agree with you with putting it on a blue shirt since grey is rather boring. I was just originally going after the look of the traditional, big Totoro. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be sure to play around with the blue color soon and post it here!
    110 weeks ago
    Yay, I have been hoping for some anime prints to hit teefury and this is so gorgeous! Massive fan of Studio Ghibli, especially Miyazaki. Great detail with the neko bus and little sprites! Really hoping this gets printed, best of luck!!!!
    110 weeks ago
    I think this is super cute
    109 weeks ago
    Thank you so very much, ashy jane! I'm glad that you were able to recognize my little details on the 'lid.' ;) Also, Studio Ghibli for the win!
    Sarah13062, thank you kindly. :D
    106 weeks ago
    That is cute! :)
    106 weeks ago
    I'm so glad you submitted this! I hope it does get printed.
    This would be an insta-buy on my part!
    The soot sprites in the bubble tea!
    I actually love the shirt color, seems suitable to me, imo.
    103 weeks ago
    I really really like this design. Have you heard back about it yet? I hope it will be accepted. My favorite part about it is the soot sprites being the boba.
    75 weeks ago
    I'd suffer the crazy shipping rate (more then the tee:P) to have this as a shirt :D
    75 weeks ago
    Very cute, but please keep in mind that, depending on how big your design is, one might end up with two huge eyes right on the boobs.
    73 weeks ago
    This made me laugh, therefore I need it. I love Totoro and bubble tea frightens / fascinates me, so I think this is a perfect combo.
    73 weeks ago
    realy cute.
    41 weeks ago
    that is clever! darn it... wish I had thought of that haha...
    the dust balls as bobas :)
    the nose holes does bother me a bit though, since it seems a bit out of place... good job none the less