Back to forum
rss 97 weeks ago
I submitted this last night and just wanted to get opinions on it. I realize I should probably wait to submit until after I get peoples opinions but I didn't think about it until it was too late. It's just a hand drawing I did then colored with photoshop. It's Finndiana Jones: The Ultimate Adventurer. Doubt it will be printed due to the overwhelming amount of great artists and designs on Tee Fury but I just wanted to share it anyway. This was my 4th submission but it was the 1st one that I really felt might appeal to people other than myself. Let me know if you like it or if there's something you think I need to work on for my next project. Thanks!

Photobucket
27Comments
    97 weeks ago
    I like it, I think it's cool, but it's a bit, bland? It's just one character. Could anything possibly be added? I'm not an Adventure Time viewer but I believer there is a dog which is in the show? Maybe he could also be a character?
    97 weeks ago
    It looks really good. However, I also think it needs Jake. How about you have Finn holding Jake, and Jake would be an idol like this one:
    Chachapoyan_Fertility_Idol.jpg
    97 weeks ago
    I thought about including other characters I just couldn't figure out a way to tie them in to the Indiana Jones theme. That idol idea is REALLY good. I'm working on a new design that I'm pretty excited about. If nothing happens with "Finndiana " by the time I finish the new design, I will definitely give your idea a try and resubmit it. Thanks so much.
    97 weeks ago
    Needs to have a title and be more like a poster, I might try and help you out with that if you want
    97 weeks ago
    What about the dog thing as a giant boulder rolling behind him?
    97 weeks ago
    Thanks NinjaStart for the great idea. I drew it up. I kept it really simple because it seemed the more detail I added the less it looked like an idol. I also liked and appreciate MightyRain's suggestion but I think that would mean redrawing everything in order to make it look like Finndiana was trying to escape the Jake boulder. Here's what I have now. What do you think?

Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    really good so far, needs a title how about Finndiana Jones and the Temple of Ooo, needs it in the Indiana Jones type of font or something
    97 weeks ago
    also if you can take the light blue out you can perhaps make it look like he's in a cave or something. I'm also hoping that you can make it 6 colors and scalable. illustrator is good for that.
    97 weeks ago
    you can do 7 if you use the color of the shirt
    97 weeks ago
    danodesign said: Thanks NinjaStart for the great idea. I drew it up. I kept it really simple because it seemed the more detail I added the less it looked like an idol. I also liked and appreciate MightyRain's suggestion but I think that would mean redrawing everything in order to make it look like Finndiana was trying to escape the Jake boulder. Here's what I have now. What do you think?

Photobucket

Looks really great! As far as titles go, I think it should be called Finndiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Bark. Also I think it might be better on a brown shirt.
    97 weeks ago
    num421337 said: also if you can take the light blue out you can perhaps make it look like he's in a cave or something. I'm also hoping that you can make it 6 colors and scalable. illustrator is good for that.

I count only 6 colors that are used...
    97 weeks ago
    oops. i forgot to count the blue as a color. besides that it should be only 6 colors. "Finndiana Jones and the Temple of Ooo" was actually the first thing i thought of that got me started on this project. i actually wrote it out but to be honest, my lettering skills are pretty weak. i eventually gave up on it. maybe i'll give it one more try before i resubmit it (for my third friggin time) without the blue and see if i can make it look right. i'm brand new to all of this so i'm not really sure what you mean by scalable. and unfortunately i don't have illustrator. i really appreciate all of your input. thanks.
    97 weeks ago
    ok. i changed the background to a color i was already using to make sure it was not over 6 colors. honestly, i don't really care what color the background is as long as it doesn't take away from the design. i was going to do it white but then i couldn't see the sparkles on the Jake statue. i found some free fonts that were pretty close to the indiana jones fonts and added a title. i haven't submitted it yet. wanted to get some opinions first for a change. let me know what you think. thanks again!

Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    Looks great with the title, wish the background could be more of a cave like I said, but with the limited color scheme it's hard to pull off
    97 weeks ago
    one thing you can try and do is forgo the 6 colors for and try and put in the cave background and then try messing around in photoshop with image > mode > indexed color and then change it down to 6 colors with dithering. dithering would make it 6 colors but use a mix of pixels to create the illusion of more than 6.
    97 weeks ago
    Maybe make Finn be short round?
    97 weeks ago
    danodesign said: ok. i changed the background to a color i was already using to make sure it was not over 6 colors. honestly, i don't really care what color the background is as long as it doesn't take away from the design. i was going to do it white but then i couldn't see the sparkles on the Jake statue. i found some free fonts that were pretty close to the indiana jones fonts and added a title. i haven't submitted it yet. wanted to get some opinions first for a change. let me know what you think. thanks again!

Photobucket

You do realize that the background color doesn't count towards the 6 colors? Right now you're at 6 colors, so you can make the background whatever color you want, as long as teefury has the corresponding shirt color in their catalog.
    (Hint Hint: Make it brown) :)
    97 weeks ago
    here's something I did a little. i thought it would look good, took an image of a cave and made it look more indiania jones like
    use i​t as you will. i can also offer up a psd of what I did. All I ask is if you do use it. mention me if it goes anywhare :P ​"imgur"
    97 weeks ago
    X9L0W.png oops here
    97 weeks ago
    num421337 said: X9L0W.png oops here

Might look good for a poster, but not a shirt. Square designs generally don't look well on shirts. Maybe if it were to fade out it would be better. I still say just put it on a brown shirt and call it a day.
    97 weeks ago
    ok. i made a couple changes and i think its ready to submit and be done with (i hope). i put it on a brown background. i didn't know background color didn't count towards our 6 color limit. i also did away with Finndiana's neck. i'm hoping it looks a little more like Finn. it's weird to draw him without his famous hat. i went back and forth on whether or not to keep the font but i think i'm gonna keep it. i also moved the character closer to the center. thanks num421337 for all of your advice but i think i'd rather keep it simple and not have any background. i'm planning on submitting it tomorrow night just so i can have one more day to obsess over the details and see if i get any more awesome suggestions from you guys. thanks everyone!

Photobucket
    97 weeks ago
    if it were made rectangular as for a poster with perhaps some tears or something or a fold it would look really good with that background
    91 weeks ago
    I know you probably already submitted it (hah), but I think it would look better with the large text on top? More balanced maybe? :)
    59 weeks ago
    I love it!
    59 weeks ago
    Love it!
  • Load More Comments