Back to forum
rss 265 weeks ago
I got artists' ADD and moved on to a new design. I have a good feeling about this one, and would like to sub it to DBH. I'd like to have it printed on a bright red tee like I have here, but the "red" blanks on their page look very dull. Has anyone bought a red tee from DBH? Are they really that dull? (DBH blank is on the bottom)

Anyway, any feedback on this is appreciated. I posted it on Emptees, too.

23Comments
    265 weeks ago
    Forgot to mention that it is not finished yet :)
    265 weeks ago
    This is nice & going by your other work when this is completed it will look amazing!

Not keen on a red tee though. Maybe her dress could be a deep red & print it on a cream or sand tee?

Anyway I'm looking forward to the finished peice & I'd love to see it on some other coloured tees :)
    265 weeks ago
    thanks! I worked on the design some more, here is an updated pic.
    I think I will skip the splatter in the background; it seems distracting.

3364846588_1098fc5eb6.jpg
    265 weeks ago
    This is comming along great! Good call on the spatter :)
    265 weeks ago
    Actually i think that splatter is subtle and works well.
    Nice work Olechka!
    265 weeks ago
    Is it just me or does her body seem a little short? The best I can judge if her arm was straight down it would put her finger tips right near her knees which is off. Fingertips should be about mid thigh. If you're subbing to DBH, I think it would also be nice to have her skirt fill for of the shirt, even make a little part of it wrap around or something.
    265 weeks ago
    Wonderbunny

I think it seems that way because she is kind of bending sideways away from you... good idea with the skirt, I wanted it to wrap around a little bit, and was also thinking of printing the image larger to make it wrap around the sides.
    265 weeks ago
    Decided to color the dress and put it on a light tee. It is getting close to being done, and I think it'll go to DBH :)

3368723373_2c64a62e96_o.jpg
    265 weeks ago
    Your latest design is perfect. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. It almost looks 3d on the white shirt.
    Just me, but I'd give her real eyes. She feels a little zombie-like with black eyes.
    265 weeks ago
    WHOA! I knew this would look sweet on a light coloured tee but DAMN!
    Amazing work Olechka :)
    265 weeks ago
    Final version looks best so far, although you might want to pump up the red in the dress because it looks a little dull to me. (Maybe my monitor shows different than yours.)
    264 weeks ago
    hey. love your illustrations and seeing the process behind this one. In the last version, have you tried using the shirt color for the skin? In order to cut down on the ink coverage and unify the shirt more with the art. That's what I liked about your earlier versions.
    264 weeks ago
    Stormink - the original is a brighter red; when I upload to flickr or photobucket, the sites seem to display a duller color :/

campkatie - that is a good idea, I will definitely try that! thanks!
    264 weeks ago
    im colorblind, this is all semantics for me
    264 weeks ago
    im colorblind, this is all semantics for me
    264 weeks ago
    Ah ok just wanted to make sure it still had that punch! And I would second Katie's idea as well. Also because it would add a nice contrast to the shirt cuz the values are starting to get close.
    264 weeks ago
    Ah ok just wanted to make sure it still had that punch! And I would second Katie's idea as well. Also because it would add a nice contrast to the shirt cuz the values are starting to get close.
    264 weeks ago
    the top one with the stain/splatter from the shoulder looks sweet
    264 weeks ago
    Here it is without the skin color. Which version do you like best?

3373724329_db41266cc3_o.jpg
    264 weeks ago
    It's going to be a lot of ink anyways, so I don't think the little more for the skin is going to matter. I think it looks better with the skin inked.
    264 weeks ago
    it was put on DBH, i'll vote it ;)
    264 weeks ago
    Thanks. I'll be submitting soon, just finishing up the little details :)