Back to forum
rss 101 weeks ago
Heavy girls or those of us with more than a C in the bra have a less than comfortable time in your amazing shirts. I know many girls, and likely boys, who would explode your sales if you offered larger sizes. I wish I knew why you offer XXL in guy's but not in girl's, and no larger than that? I buy the XL in girl's but have to stretch out the top to fit in them and it warps the image on larger picture shirts. Any answers? Plans to expand? Inquiring minds with fists full of cash want to know!!
9Comments
    100 weeks ago
    Agreed! Missed out on 2 ladies shirt sales today because of the too small sizing!
    100 weeks ago
    Definitely! Men's shirts just don't fit quite right but my ladies don't fit the women's XL.
    100 weeks ago
    I know I personally have a friend who would buy TONS of shirts if 3XL was offered in Womens. I know the "fat geek" stereotype is far from accurate but is it fair to exclude those that are bigger?
    100 weeks ago
    I'll admit that even though I break down and buy the guys 2xl sometimes... I'm less than pleased with the manly cut and feel rather sad about the lack of larger women sizes. There are couple other sites that carry women's 2X and even a 3X and I admit that they get almost triple the business from me than this site simply because I'll buy more stuff knowing it'll fit and look nice. The shirts here I only buy if I absolutely can't live without the design.
    100 weeks ago
    http://www.teefury.com/forum/4799/Larger_sizes_for_women_/

E
    100 weeks ago
    http://etsytrashion.blogspot.com/2009/03/trashion-tutorial-resizing-t-shirt.html

This isn't necessarily the best solution, but it is one. I've lost quite a bit of weight and I've been practicing on some old tees before I move on to favorites. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill, but it does take a sewing machine.

If teefury comes back and offers the explanation that they can't get larger women's sizes, see the link for an alternative.
    100 weeks ago
    I was a size 6 many many years ago and then I got sick. A lot of the medications I take have a side effect of weight gain and my ability to get around and exercise is limited. Then I had a baby! I'm not really big, just not a size 6 any more but the baby sure had an effect on the, uh, top side of my body and even after losing 30 pounds, that went unchanged. My hips are also changed in a way I can't fix. The BONES have widened to accommodate the CHILD. This was unavoidable.

Unfortunately, the world now thinks I don't need cute clothes, even if I am still in my twenties. I have found some solace in Torrid but my favorite clothes come from sites like this. After some research, I have discovered the problem. Teefury gets (or at least used to get) their blanks from Alstyle. They and other blank companies only offer up to XL with the occasional 2XL (usually only in junior or unflattering old lady cuts). American Apparel, the most comfortable blank company only offer up to XL and even those run small.

We are told we are too fat, we are told we are too skinny, we are told our boobs are too small but clothes don't fit us if we have bog boobs. We are too tall, short, smart, dumb, etc. It isn't quite as bad for men but they are still victimized by the same discrimination and biases by the fashion industry and even other people who are just as guilty themselves. This image of thin beauty is a recent development in the "civilized" world. Larger women and men were seen as healthier because they were not malnutritioned, wealthier because they could afford the buy the food, the women were more desirable because they were more likely to produce healthier offspring. This, by no means, is any reason to turn around and discriminate against the women and whose genetics have rolled the dice to give them petite or thin frames as it would seem other sites like this have done. Isn't there some happy medium we can reach to try and maximize customer happiness and try to achieve the wonderful goal this site seems to be reaching for; the bringing of uniquely awesome shirts to people while supporting the clever artists that designed them!?
    98 weeks ago
    Uh...all I understood was "more then a C" and "Explode".

But seriously, I do agree they should offer a F2XL and F3XL and a M3XL as well. Tee-shirts always shrinks in the wash, regardless if it says pre-shrunk.
    98 weeks ago
    i think a simple, 'you should offer larger womens sizes' would have sufficed.