Back to forum
rss 116 weeks ago
This is a public service announcement:

Having finally got something printed last Monday, I was alerted this morning via facebook and redbubble that someone had pilfered my design and was passing it off as their own work - complete with a shoddily added watermark.

He had also done a copy-and-paste job on this design, so obviously has a penchant for nicking designs from this very site.

http://www.teefury.com/archive/1569/Getting_Buzzed/.

He goes by the username Jentage, and has over 200 designs up on redbubble, despite only being a member since the end of March. This is quite prolific. Unless you're nicking designs.

Worth keeping an eye on...
5Comments
    116 weeks ago
    I don't see the Pikachu design or your design anywhere in that person's portfolio. Did you report them to Redbubble?
    116 weeks ago
    Yup, i told redbubble this morning, and both were taken down at some point this afternoon, although that could have been due to a few bad comments saying he wasn't the designer.

I figured I should spread the word in case he tried it again with other peoples designs.
    116 weeks ago
    I've had that happen a few times. Can't believe people do that. I've had people steal my exact art or take it and change it slightly. Either way, so annoying and unbelievable.
    116 weeks ago
    Sad thing is it wouldn't take me five minutes to find another thief like Jentage on RB. Their reporting system is asinine which doesn't help the problem that plagues the site.
    116 weeks ago
    I'm surprised people are able to steal designs when the only images available to them are low res 72 ppi. The finished product must look absolutely horrible unless they run the image through some kind of tracing software...and even then it probably still looks kind of weird.