Back to forum
rss 103 weeks ago
What do you think? Yes/no?

p.s. Episode 3. Need I say more?

Photobucket
22Comments
    103 weeks ago
    Ok, fail on my part. I just realized that there's more than 6 colors. I'll edit it. ^^
    103 weeks ago
    Aah this is perfect!!! I would seriously buy, I don't think I've seen a Legend of Korra tee or even an Avatar: the Last Airbender tee...
    103 weeks ago
    FreyaT said: Aah this is perfect!!! I would seriously buy, I don't think I've seen a Legend of Korra tee or even an Avatar: the Last Airbender tee...

I know, right? At least not on Teefury (you can find a handful of them at RedBubble). It'd be cool if they added a few to their gallery.
    103 weeks ago
    If you made the highlight on the leaf into a spotcolor of the original leaf color, you'd be at 6 :)
    103 weeks ago
    Its nice but how about making a Korra design based around the idea of some Equalist propaganda. I think that would make a nice shirt but I would be all over this if they printed it!
    103 weeks ago
    Rhymo said: If you made the highlight on the leaf into a spotcolor of the original leaf color, you'd be at 6 :)

Could you explain exactly what you mean by spotcolor? Sorry, I'm still new at this tshirt designing stuff and don't totally understand the concept. But once I do I'll give it a try! :)
    103 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: Its nice but how about making a Korra design based around the idea of some Equalist propaganda. I think that would make a nice shirt but I would be all over this if they printed it!

That's actually my next project! But if you're really impatient there's a great Amon/V for Vendetta mash-up on Redbubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/dfragrance/works/8620873-e-for-equality
    Sorry, I don't mean to plug other websites (teefury, my heart is yours), but the shirt is really cool. c:
    103 weeks ago
    Psyoren said:
    Hdawger said: Its nice but how about making a Korra design based around the idea of some Equalist propaganda. I think that would make a nice shirt but I would be all over this if they printed it!

That's actually my next project! But if you're really impatient there's a great Amon/V for Vendetta mash-up on Redbubble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/dfragrance/works/8620873-e-for-equality

Sorry, I don't mean to plug other websites (teefury, my heart is yours), but the shirt is really cool. c:

OTL
    I forgot that mentioning the other shirt IS actually a violation of Teefury's posting rules. Ignore what I said. (to the mods: I'm so sorry!)
    103 weeks ago
    Psyoren said:
    Rhymo said: If you made the highlight on the leaf into a spotcolor of the original leaf color, you'd be at 6 :)

Could you explain exactly what you mean by spotcolor? Sorry, I'm still new at this tshirt designing stuff and don't totally understand the concept. But once I do I'll give it a try! :)

I believe he means to use one of the preexisting colors as the color of the outline on the leaf instead of the darker green. For example, you could use the black from the text, the grey from the air symbol, or the brown from the earth symbol.

Looks great by the way!
    103 weeks ago
    NinjaStart said:
    Psyoren said:

I believe he means to use one of the preexisting colors as the color of the outline on the leaf instead of the darker green. For example, you could use the black from the text, the grey from the air symbol, or the brown from the earth symbol.

Looks great by the way!

Oooh, I get it! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining it. I'll give it a try with the black first and upload another WIP later today.
    103 weeks ago
    would buy instantly! I have yet to see an Avatar tee I love!
    102 weeks ago
    Thanks ANWPhoto!

Okay, altered a few things. Not sure how I feel about the position of the leaf, so I'll probably tweak that later. But otherwise, any other suggestions before I submit it for consideration?

Photobucket
    102 weeks ago
    Psyoren said: Thanks ANWPhoto!

Okay, altered a few things. Not sure how I feel about the position of the leaf, so I'll probably tweak that later. But otherwise, any other suggestions before I submit it for consideration?

Photobucket

I think it looks great!
    102 weeks ago
    I think the leaf is great where it is. Could we see it on a variety of different background colors? Cream is a pretty nice color for this type of design, but cream shirts tend to not fare so well on most shirt sites.
    102 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: I think the leaf is great where it is. Could we see it on a variety of different background colors? Cream is a pretty nice color for this type of design, but cream shirts tend to not fare so well on most shirt sites.

Sure! Here's the design on a couple of different tshirts. I tried to put it on blue, red, and light grey as well, but the element symbol (of matching color) disappeared. What do you think? If you'd like to see them bigger let me know.

Photobucket
    102 weeks ago
    Personally, I'm a huge fan of black (light colored tees do not look well on me at all lol), and I think this design actually looks good on black. If I had to nitpick, I might say change the text color so its not black on black, like maybe using the leaf's green color or the water bending's blue color for the words instead. Really am digging this design though and hope it gets printed no matter what the color!
    102 weeks ago
    Hdawger said: Personally, I'm a huge fan of black (light colored tees do not look well on me at all lol), and I think this design actually looks good on black. If I had to nitpick, I might say change the text color so its not black on black, like maybe using the leaf's green color or the water bending's blue color for the words instead. Really am digging this design though and hope it gets printed no matter what the color!

Thanks so much for the feedback, Hdawger! How's this?

Photobucket

I actually really like the black, too. I think I just needed somebody to tell me that it looked good before I experimented with it. xP
    102 weeks ago
    That last one is spot on!
    102 weeks ago
    Aaaaand submitted! Crossing my fingers it gets chosen! I'd love to see an Avatar/LoK shirt on TF, even if it's not my design.
    97 weeks ago
    Psyoren said:
    Hdawger said: Personally, I'm a huge fan of black (light colored tees do not look well on me at all lol), and I think this design actually looks good on black. If I had to nitpick, I might say change the text color so its not black on black, like maybe using the leaf's green color or the water bending's blue color for the words instead. Really am digging this design though and hope it gets printed no matter what the color!

Thanks so much for the feedback, Hdawger! How's this?

Photobucket

I actually really like the black, too. I think I just needed somebody to tell me that it looked good before I experimented with it. xP

Love even more on the black! I will keep my eyes open to spot this one! I hope it comes up, for you profit and for me getting to wear it! haha
    97 weeks ago
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! Actually a spot color is used when printing on shirts and it's a color setting in illustrator or photoshop. Basically, you would take the darker color green in the leaf, and be able to opacitate it so that it's a lighter shade of the color, but only counts as one. It's cool because you can essentially use infinite shades of 6 colors and still be at 6 colors. I am sure you could find a tutorial on YouTube for more info, just search "Illustrator spot colors." Hope that helps! :)
    97 weeks ago
    Sorry for the double post, but I still am a bit biased to the grey shirt! Although, the black does make it pop.