Back to forum
rss 266 weeks ago
Sorry for posting a new thread, but apparently this method works much better than keeping everything in one long thread.

I am working a design to sub to DBH. Here is what I have so far.
I'd like some feedback and suggestions, particularly about placement, size and filling in more colors.

Thanks in advance!!

13Comments
    266 weeks ago
    I kind of want to put something on the (left) sleeve. I added some splatters...

3345625725_5cc6024be2_o.jpg
    266 weeks ago
    That's a pretty neat design, but printing like that is not easy. If it's going to extend that far over (especially in the second picture.. which I like even more by the way) then it needs to be printed before it's cut, making it hard to get printed on sites like this one. Your color usage is also pretty high, I'm not sure if you could tone it down using halftones.. I think that would make it lose the effect. Although the whole image is rather CMYK ;D I like the arrows in the lines, and her eyelashes. The texture in the back of her hair is also really cool.

Not much advice I do realize, but.. hopefully somebody can come along and help ya out. Best of luck with getting your shirt made :)
    266 weeks ago
    I really like it. As a man I wouldn't wear it but I'd buy it for my wife.
    266 weeks ago
    how are you adding those colors?
    266 weeks ago
    a lil different from you. I dig it!
    266 weeks ago
    thanx!

biotwist: I am using photoshop brushes.
    266 weeks ago
    Maybe its just me but I think I'd like to see those watercolor gestures extend behind the entire hair. Otherwise it just seems random; that way they will have a function or make sense in a way. But of course that's really subjective.

I think the splatters subtract from the design. A little too expected/trendy/you know.

If not behind the hair, maybe you could play with throwing the texture into the ground behind the figure (on the right and left sides) to pop it forward more and give it some depth.
    266 weeks ago
    i love all those arrows you mixed into the linework
    266 weeks ago
    haha I recognize those brushes. Bittbox watercolor brush set. Nice usage.
    266 weeks ago
    I agree with Stormwick that adding the color into the entire hair might give it a little more consistency, but so far I'm really liking this design. :)
    266 weeks ago
    Thanks for all the feedback. I will play around with the design some more and post an updated picture!!
    266 weeks ago
    she kinda looks like Jaime Pressly from Earl
    266 weeks ago
    sorry - that wasn't helpful at all.

what if you had some color in the space to the left of her face - not a lot of color - just A color. I think it would accentuate the face/line more and kinda balance it a little better?