Back to forum
rss 105 weeks ago
Hello all,
Though I've been using TeeFury for a while now (my grizzled chest has seen the likes of El Boba and Miss Monster's Cthulu lol) this is my first forum post

Anyway, I was just thinking that TeeFury should let us set up favorite key words (like DrWho, Firefly, Calvin & Hobbes, etc). That way when an artist submits a shirt, they can choose what keywords it has and we (TF customers) would get an automated email from Teevil himself letting us know that a keyworded shirt is on the site today.

5Comments
    105 weeks ago
    seconded
    105 weeks ago
    sounds lazy to me..
    if you can check your email every day then why can't you check teefury real quick
    105 weeks ago
    I try and check it every day, but sometimes I forget. I've missed several t-shirts that I would have bought had it not slipped my mind that day. Also, I tend to lose track of what day it is, or what I've already done today, etc.

And email, well, I've had my current email account for at least three years, and I seem to remember making my first one between nine and ten years ago, whereas I've had a teefury account for less than three months. I use my email to keep track of my social life online, and I also need to check it daily for university.

Also, it gets pretty tedious checking day after day and not really seeing anything you fancy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the site badly needs this. I think it's fine as it is. Just it's a fact that most people have busy lives, and sometimes they don't have time or it slips their mind, and something like this would sort of guard against it. :)
    104 weeks ago
    I use the internet every day, several times a day. i have a Teefury button on my toolbar as a shortcut. if you use firefox, just drag and drop teefury onto the toolbar with other favorite websites. or download the addon speed dial and set teefury to a number.

for example, i just click my teefury button, but if i don't feel like using my right hand, i just Ctrl-5, and teefury comes up.

The idea is interesting, but i think having a little button on your browser is a better reminder than an email.. i personally only check my email once or twice a day from my phone anyhow. I have to use the internet far more than that for both school and obviously procrastination.

I'd prefer a search bar in the gallery and key words on those old t-shirts before this. I like to peruse through the last 50 pages or so sometimes (As i've been a teefury member for almost two years now) and oftentimes i can't find a shirt i'm looking for.

keywords and automated emails aren't a bad idea at all; i just think it's way too much work for teefury to do that accomplishes essentially nothing.
    104 weeks ago
    most times those keywords would only appear in the comments anyway. and doctor who is mentioned everyday