Back to forum
rss 105 weeks ago
Hey guys, this is my first time posting anything on TeeFury (new buyer, new designer), so I was hoping I could get some feedback on this Rohan Red design. What do you think of the colors? Font? Should I add a texture to make it look old? Have any other ideas for LotR references I can add (like something in Elvish)? All feedback is welcome, and thanks in advance for the help!

Photobucket
17Comments
    105 weeks ago
    I know nothing about t-shirt design, so I don't have much to say in the way of helpful feedback other than, I'd definitely buy it.
    105 weeks ago
    Looks awesome! Great design! The symmetry and color scheme work well and I love the type. I'm not a huge LOTR guy but i think the design itself is beautiful!
    105 weeks ago
    You could use the elvish font and write some rohan-related-quote as a slogan? Gandalf tells Grima wormtongue to keep his forked tongue behind his teeth.
    so maybe "It'll keep your tongue behind your teeth" is kinda subtle.

or a gimli quote when he runs into the rohirrim? "Give me your name, horse-master, and I shall give you mine. "

or before that same scene aragorn says "what news from the mark?" thats simple

or when gandalf frees theoden he says "breathe the free air again, my friend." That doesn't really apply?

I personally wouldn't add anything, those are just the ony rohan related quotes i can think of right now. just spitballin' :)

It looks good.
    105 weeks ago
    looks lovely so far. I do think you could make the horses even bigger. a little bit, so the darker lines of their faces and leg joints are outside the circle (and don't align with the circle, as they do now), if you know what I mean

it would make the design a bit clearer and give the horses a more prominent look. other than that: nice & clean. I agree that a tagline might be something to think about. something like "best in the riddermark" or much much better.

and don't drink and ride! :D
    105 weeks ago
    kgullholmen said: don't drink and ride! :D

you're so much smarter than I am.. that's an instant classic
    105 weeks ago
    Oh wow! Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback!!! It's really encouraging.
    I love all of the slogan ideas, ("don't drink and ride" is a classic! xD) especially "The best in the riddermark." If I could add the latter in elvish scteefurycopy I would (but there's no word for "best" and "riddermark" in elvish) so if I add it it'll be in English. Now the question is where to put the tagline...Hm...

Kgull- I also really like your idea of making the horses bigger. I'll toy around with that and upload a new WIP. You guys can give me a thumbs up or thumbs down.
    105 weeks ago
    Ok, updated WIP! Tell me what you think:

Photobucket

Better?
    105 weeks ago
    What exactly did you change?
    105 weeks ago
    The horses are bigger in relation to the rest of it. I think it looks a lot better, although the necklines are causing me a bit of confusion at first glance. Maybe if they were slightly bigger again so the neckline doesn't confuse with the circle?
    105 weeks ago
    you could try adding a stroke to the horse outline to act as a knockout to the shirt color. It wouldn't need to be large to be effective. It may work with this piece, and it may not. Just something to try. Remember, black and red are hard to disguish any how. When converted to grayscale, red becomes black and someone who is color blind would just have difficulty seeing it any how. That being said, I like the drama created between black and red. Good design.
    104 weeks ago
    Thanks again for the feedback, guys! It's been really helpful. I edited the design a little bit again, so tell me if it looks better. Also, keep in mind that I can change the color of the shirt. If you think it would look better on green or something, let me know. I can turn it a three color design (tan, red, and black). Also, would you like to see the "Best in the Riddermark" slogan beneath the logo? I can add that too.

Photobucket
    104 weeks ago
    I love it! I totally can not pull off a yellow shirt, but I'd buy it anyway. :)
    104 weeks ago
    whogirl9 said: I love it! I totally can not pull off a yellow shirt, but I'd buy it anyway. :)

buy yellow socks! that's what i did with http://www.teefury.com/archive/1498/Diggory_s_Favorite_Shirt/

it'll look good. and this shirt will sell to LoTr fans. its a sweet design
    104 weeks ago
    You had me at LOTR. Instant buy! :)
    104 weeks ago
    So, so, SO many warm fuzzies right now.
    104 weeks ago
    Thanks you guys for all of the super positive feedback and helpful suggestions! I just submitted the design, so keep your fingers crossed!
    104 weeks ago
    can't wait to see it. good job and good luck.