Back to forum
rss 121 weeks ago
Obviously, it's a play on words. And yes, I know it's been thought of before, but honestly it was just a reworking of the Bud Lite logo and I've always felt it shorted the movie. Here, I've begun to create an original beverage label that pays homage to the movie. I wanted it to have and old, weathered feel to it. Keep it simple and in the end maybe add so distress. There's still work to be done, but I was hoping for some critiques to help me determine how to finish it.
Thanks

20Comments
    120 weeks ago
    I've made some revisions. Any comments would be helpful.
    Version 01
    Aziz-Light-03.png
    Version 02
    Aziz-Light-04.png
    120 weeks ago
    I like revision 2 best because it is most recognizable as 5th element to me. Could you mention that the company uses super green brewing processes LOL. There's so much good stuff in 5th element. Good design.
    120 weeks ago
    I love it! Though honestly I probably wouldnt wear the tan, thats my only problem with it. I like both revisions, but I agree that the second one is better. :)
    120 weeks ago
    The tan keeps it in the flavor of old Egypt and all the sandstone. The more I look at it, I like the second one better also. Should I add something or leave it alone? I thought about adding an aged 10,000 years tag or some thing. thoughts?
    119 weeks ago
    I wouldn't add a lot more to it, it would get too busy. And I was figuring that's what the tan was going for, I'm just horribly pale and tab would wash me out, but I love it. :) I'd buy it, even in tan. I'll just have to get some sun. I wish I had it when I lived in Egypt!
    119 weeks ago
    Instead of the 5% alcohol I'd put something to do with super green brewing process. Dzimmer had a great suggestion there.

I'm also really digging on the second revision. If this gets printed I'd definitely buy one. I even like that it's on tan.

The Fifth Element is one of my all time favorite movies. I'd love to have a shirt inspired by it. Great job!
    119 weeks ago
    Why super? I get the green part. That's the bio solution they use to rebuild her, but I don't get super unless it's simply a reference to her in general. I cold replace the 5% bit with brewed to perfection. Or, would I be better off just leaving it alone? There's is a lot in there already. I'd hate to over work it. Thoughts...comments?
    119 weeks ago
    Super green is another reference to the movie. Ruby Rhod is constantly saying it.
    119 weeks ago
    now that you mention it, I do remember that now. I was so focused on the tomb aspect during my last viewing that I just ignored that part. I've got some ideas on how to include it. let me fiddle with it and I'll re-post it.
    119 weeks ago
    I feel like that in version two, the Aziz Light is run together, and the bottom of "only life important' is missing the first half of the quote...I'd pick one and have it broken up so it feels more natural with Aziz (top) LIGHT (bottom) or "time not important" (top) "Only life important" (bottom). Or, Like in Version 3, have the time not important quote on the SIDES (which is way cool) and the Aziz (top) LIGHT (bottom)....that way you can get in both quotes.
    119 weeks ago
    I like the second one as well...maybe adjust the height of the word "Light" to be the same as "AZIZ". Otherwise really good design!
    118 weeks ago
    So I've slipped in the Super Green. I think it's ready for submission. What do you all think.
    Aziz-Light-05.png
    118 weeks ago
    i'm not a fan of the fake distressed look but, i'd buy it anyway
    102 weeks ago
    I thinking of trying other colors. Any suggetions?
    102 weeks ago
    bump
    102 weeks ago
    One of my fav movies. I would totally buy the final revision of the shirt. I even like the color. Totally Super Green!!!
    102 weeks ago
    I would buy either one, but I prefer version 1. Love the super green addition. I hope they print this! Good luck!
    102 weeks ago
    Love the latest version. As far as color, I dig the tan.
    102 weeks ago
    Your alcohol has an extra "H" in it.
    102 weeks ago
    Your right! Thanks for that.