Back to forum
rss 122 weeks ago
Hello all!

I'm a 34 year old Art Director/Graphic Designer from Texas. I'm into all things pop culture and grew up on great cartoons, video games and sci-fi.

I design Limited Edition Packaging and Premiums for some of the coolest video games out there right now, so I'm fortunate to be able to do for a living the things I'm the most passionate about.

I have been putting together a concept I'm eager to upload but Im trying to learn the ropes. I found the FAQ section for submissions, but I'm not seeing anything that gives more detailed information.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Some of the things I am looking for are:

How does the selection process work for submissions? Voting? TeeFury staff? If yours does not get picked, is it gone forever or do they eventually try to use them? Not sure how this works.

I see that it's a 6 color maximum. I didn't see anywhere listed if these designs need to be done in CMYK, Pantones etc. I'm assuming Pantone, but wanted to be for sure.

Can you use color screens or do they count that as another color. In other words Can I use Pantone Reflex Blue at 100% and then Pantone Reflex Blue at 50% and it's still one color?

If you were to hypothetically have a 7th color by accident or something else that you didn't catch, do they disqualify the submission, or are you alerted with the option to fix it?

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Chris
5Comments
    113 weeks ago
    I'm new as well and I have the same questions as Chris.
    113 weeks ago
    1. The design is chosen by Teefury staff. While it's possible for the design to be chosen after 30 days, it's very rare for that to happen.

2. All they really care about, as far as I have seen, is that there are only six colors used in the design and then they will do the rest of the work so it is compatible with their printing process.

3. Any color that physically looks like another color will be counted as another color, unless you are using halftones.

4. If there were more than six colors in a design, and the Teefury staff really liked it, they might contact you to send them the fixed artwork, or they may just do the editing themselves. But for future reference, try to only use six colors in your design.
    113 weeks ago
    Also Work in RGB, Pantone Solid Coated is the library most commonly used on daily tee sites.
    113 weeks ago
    Think he knows his stuff now, that awesome Bill the Butcher shirt from Friday was done by Corrose!
    113 weeks ago
    Thank you all for the help...It's very much appreciated.