Back to forum
rss 122 weeks ago
Hey! Long time buyer, first time designer. I had this idea and I think it would do pretty well on here. It's a take on the I Heart NY design. But with the Heart of the Island instead of a heart. Let me know what you think!

Hosting provided by FotoTime

9Comments
    121 weeks ago
    Anybody?
    120 weeks ago
    Seriously? Nobody has anything to say?
    119 weeks ago
    bump
    119 weeks ago
    I personally don't like the i heart ny idea since it relies very little on any actual designs. The cave drawing would need a lot more detail and before you get any real feedback, you should scan your designs into your computer and create them in photoshop or a similar program otherwise they can't be printed.
    118 weeks ago
    Yeah, I haven't gotten that far yet. Just trying to see if anyone would be interested in a design like that.
    118 weeks ago
    I kind of like the idea, but I honestly didn't get the whole "heart of the island" bit until I read your description (I thought it was a taco at first). I agree with boova; the cave would have to be larger and look more like a cave to start with.
    118 weeks ago
    Psyoren said: I kind of like the idea, but I honestly didn't get the whole "heart of the island" bit until I read your description (I thought it was a taco at first). I agree with boova; the cave would have to be larger and look more like a cave to start with.

Ha! Thanks! I was going for something simple to symbolize the cave with light (like the original shirt is just a simple heart). When I get around to sketching it on the computer I'll try to not make it look like a taco. :)
    118 weeks ago
    The "Heart of the Island" bit is clever but i didn't get it until i read the comments. It looks a little bit like a terd to be honest. I don't think the design is strong enough to be printed though.

There's a lot more to consider when creating a tee shirt or a design in general than just concept. The typography is kinda ugly and if you're going to rely so heavily on an illustration to get your point across, then it needs to be strong. The starburst idea for the light is too generic and it didn't come out very well.

If you want to continue on with the idea I would look into what typography they use on ILNY shirts, it's a little bolder usually. And maybe make the cave heart shaped with a more subtle lighting? Good luck!
    118 weeks ago
    Thanks Darth_Jones! I'll keep those in mind. I actually did look up the ILNY font and that's what it is. Maybe if I made it thicker or more bold. Once I get it drawn it'll be much bigger and easier to see what I have in mind. Unfortunately this is my first time doing anything like this so it might be a while. I have some great ideas though. Maybe I should work together with an artist friend of mine. :)