Back to forum
rss 109 weeks ago
Finally another design! Rough original sketch. To be cleaned up in illustrator. Based on my love of Fringe, Cartoons, and the popularity of my Community the Animated Series design, I present:

Photobucket

Fringe the Animated series!
28Comments
    109 weeks ago
    I think this will turn into a good design.
    how you do the color and set the scene will make this.
    Was half the image croped out because your still working on it or was there a problem with the upload? I want to see how Walternate looks :P
    109 weeks ago
    Oh I just uploaded a big file. Click it and you should be able to see the full version.

Thanks though! I'll keep color in mind!
    109 weeks ago
    I'm a big Fringe Fan, so I can't wait to see where this goes. Am I right that you've got Peter on the left and RedVerse Lincoln Lee on the right? I think it'd be cool to have both Lincolns- they're very different- and then have Peter in the middle, since he really belongs to both sides. Just a thought.
    109 weeks ago
    Wow, I love this!! I would love to see a fringe shirt on here so bad.

Couple minor suggestions to an otherwise awesome design-- Peters eyebrow looks a little big and his hair looks too slicked back. Also, he usually has some stubble, but that looks more like a full beard, especially the 'stache. I would tone it down a little to make it look more like him.

I also love the chalk-outline on the ground, but maybe make it look more like a person and less like if the AOL guy got messed up between universes.

Hope to see this shirt sooN!
    109 weeks ago
    Thanks for the suggestions! Here is the colored version:
    Photobucket
    Thoughts?
    109 weeks ago
    Good coloring. I think it has enough going on without the fringe animated series at the bottom
    109 weeks ago
    You're right it does offset the design a little bit. But I do like having the text there to communicate the "Animated Series" idea. Maybe if i moved the type up a little bit?
    Here it is textless:
    Photobucket
    here it with higher type:
    Photobucket
    109 weeks ago
    I LOVE this! Very awesome! I agree the text on the bottom was throwing it off, but i like it there more than not having it there at all. I definitely like the raised text version the best!

Hope to buy this in the future!
    109 weeks ago
    I think I like it best without the text since it's a little more subtle. It already says fringe and it's a cartoon. That being said, the text raised up looks so much better. Being on the curve of the circle brings your eye around
    109 weeks ago
    Thanks, yeah I think I'm going to go with the raised text. it's still easy to remove if I change my mind!
    92 weeks ago
    should have had broyles on the left, and dismembered broyles on the right!
    91 weeks ago
    Maybe it's just me, but from a distance it's hard to see the separation between Walters and Peters. It makes them look like Peter is giving Walter a piggy back ride. Up close it's easy enough to decipher but you might want to put some kind of break between the two and define the flash light more like you did with the outlines. Or you might try shifting Peter inward more towards the center to create the separation.
    91 weeks ago
    @Nicksvb hahaha that'd be hilarious but a little dark

@caddywompus I see exactly what you mean. I don't know if I can move Peter and Lincoln but I can probably add some sort of line to make them more distinguishable. But on a higher resolution image the differences are a little easier to see
    90 weeks ago
    Well at least a broyles. he's important!
    I love love this design, although I think the title of the shirt should def be fringe the animated series, idk if i'd want that on the shirt.
    90 weeks ago
    Hmm yeah i've been torn on the text for a while
    90 weeks ago
    are you over your color limit?
    90 weeks ago
    Haha i am well over the color limit. I will work on a six color variant
    90 weeks ago
    Here is a 6 color variant that i am finally prepared to submit! How does it look?

Photobucket

*the blue is transparent, so there is no blue ink, it would be printed on a blue shirt*
    90 weeks ago
    black, red, brown, grey, yellow, skin color, white, the grey fringe sign,

I'm counting 8 colors?

I love the design still, but get rid of the animated series text!!
    90 weeks ago
    Agh i forgot to count the skin tone! So it is currently:
    black, white, red, yellow, brown, tan, gray
    The fringe logo is white transparent so it would end up being solid white, which i'll need to fix. But that's still 7 colors. I'll keep playing with it
    And i'll remove the text too since it seems to be unpopular.
    Thanks for the feed back
    90 weeks ago
    Once that text is gone, it's an instabuy!!!!!!
    90 weeks ago
    maybe change astrids shirt to black, that way not everyone is wearing a blue shirt in a row, and her and olive arent matching?
    89 weeks ago
    and fauxlivias jacket was always black.
    88 weeks ago
    I don't think it can work with only 6 colors. Looking at it, it needs the skin tone, it needs the black, blue, yellow, white and red. Maybe you could get rid of all the gray? But i like the gray and when u made it less colors the Astrids looked too dark and Fauxlivia's hair isn't quite right as just brown. Maybe a little playing around could make it Teefury ready but I really do like the design unrestricted!
    88 weeks ago
    anyone think teefury would let it slide with 7?
  • Load More Comments