Back to forum
rss 267 weeks ago
Been trying to send a design through to a band,
with little success though

It always gets about 3 quaters of the way through and comes up with the page "internet explorer cannot display the page blah convenient smurf" and what not

and most (free) sites that i've used to send large files are pretty slow too

what do you guys usually use? any ideas to dodge this predicament
6Comments
    267 weeks ago
    yousendit.com

you might want to optimize your file size so its smaller. delete uneeded layers, make sure there are no paths/extra channels saved, also 15x18 300 dpi even 200 dpi is typically good enough for apparel print. unless jumbo all over print.
    267 weeks ago
    thanks dude, I had a look at that site before, but i'll go through and chuck the uneeded layers and what not.
    267 weeks ago
    Yeah, I use yousendit.com for almost everything (if ftp won't work) worst case scenario - burn it to a cd
    267 weeks ago
    also - why are you using internet explorer??? Firefox, dude.
    267 weeks ago
    I recommend getting an account at Dropbox. You can use the program and sync folders over multiple computers, etc. Really easy to set up a quick image gallery also. Definitely I think everyone should at least try it. I use it so often!
    266 weeks ago
    thanks for the help guys, I tried the drop box too, pretty nifty little thing for transfering files through my computers.

and after much pain, suffering and punching the computer I finally got it through.