Back to forum
rss 110 weeks ago
Hello all! I've been sketching a lot lately and also have been gaming a lot lately as well, and I decided to give tee shirt design a shot. I have been doing web and media design for 10+ years now, but never dabbed into clothing design, so consider this my first attempt. Let me know what you guys think! I'm open (and very used to) constructive criticism. Thanks all!

In case anyones wondering the text says "Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" which means "Nothing is true; everything is permitted." If you've ever played an assassin's creed game im sure you already knew that though :)

~cheers
17Comments
    110 weeks ago
    Here's an "on-shirt" preview:
    da5PZ.jpg
    110 weeks ago
    i like it.
    110 weeks ago
    i don't recognize the saying from the game... or maybe I just can't remember it.

What does it say?
    110 weeks ago
    drwyrick said: i don't recognize the saying from the game... or maybe I just can't remember it.

What does it say?

The quote is mostly from brotherhood I believe. I play with italian vocals and english subs. The quote itself is part of the "Assassin's Creed" that they repeat when initiating a new assassin. It translates to "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"
    109 weeks ago
    Made some slight changes here and there to the design. The latin didn't go over so well so I put the phrase in english instead :) Let me know what you guys think!

9C0sp.jpg
    109 weeks ago
    It seems to me like the style of text you've chosen isn't working very well... The rest of the design is really bold and pronounced, and I think the thin, small text is throwing it off a bit; not to mention that you wouldn't be able to read it very well from a distance. Try blowing it up/bolding it up a bit and see how it works. The rest looks great! I think the only thing I might change is making the halftoning less noticable, or stippling it by hand so it doesn't look so uniform, but that's just personal preference I think.
    109 weeks ago
    DrewGliever said: It seems to me like the style of text you've chosen isn't working very well... The rest of the design is really bold and pronounced, and I think the thin, small text is throwing it off a bit; not to mention that you wouldn't be able to read it very well from a distance. Try blowing it up/bolding it up a bit and see how it works. The rest looks great! I think the only thing I might change is making the halftoning less noticable, or stippling it by hand so it doesn't look so uniform, but that's just personal preference I think.

Thank you for the feedback! I actually agree with you about the font, it's tough to keep it stylized for the subject matter and stay readable. I did come up with a couple different versions though.

9MHLE.png

I actually think this looks a bit better, but i'll keep tweaking it
    109 weeks ago
    That already looks a lot better! I think with just a bit more tweaking, you'll have a real winner.

If you don't mind me picking apart your work, here's something I noticed in the new version:

656d1c.jpg

it looks like the bulk of your letters on the top line aren't centered, that might be a bit nit-picky though.

My only other suggestion might be to take the shadow out from behind the white feathers, and the text. Good work!
    109 weeks ago
    Wonderful suggestions! I'm actually normally really picky about centering so i'm a bit embarrassed I didn't catch that one haha but thank you very much :)

5Hyv5.png

What do you think?
    108 weeks ago
    Love the new layout. I just finished AC2, in which they use this quote a few times, and I seriously hope this shirt gets printed.
    108 weeks ago
    I think it looks much better now. I'd totally buy it for my boyfriend if it came up (I'd love one myself as well, but I can't wear bright red for my life).
    107 weeks ago
    Want..... Really want!
    107 weeks ago
    I really love this design, it looks amazing. I hope it gets printed. I also hope the women's/men's versions will have different color choices if it does get printed... but either way I'd insta-buy! (Which is saying a lot, I hate bright red :) )
    107 weeks ago
    Thank you guys very much! Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games of all time so it's really awesome seeing people enjoy my design :) I'd love to see this printed so I could buy one for myself haha!

Thank you so much
    107 weeks ago
    This would be an insta-buy from me if it was printed. AC is amazing i love the "freemason" emblem and the apple in the center is a nice touch.

Long story short, this deserves a print! There's a serious lack of well made AC shirts out there
    106 weeks ago
    I would definitely buy this shirt if it came on sale. I love how intricate this design is, and all of the details you've put into it, like the apple in the centre. Awesome design!
    71 weeks ago
    would you be mad if i use this as a tattoo design? this is effin sweet