Back to forum
rss 111 weeks ago
After having recently re-watched the series, I really wanted to make a Firefly related design. So I took a screenshot and drew up a vector (this is a vector, right?). Really pleased with how it came out, so I submitted it. Let me know what you think.

18Comments
    111 weeks ago
    IMHO
    Shadow on the pinky makes hand look to square
    but love it over all and it looks sharp on the black shirt

Maybe rotate hand 90degrees would take up more of the design space and not make it look breast heavy.

these are all just suggestion to improve image try it out would love to see your alterations!
    any how good luck.
    111 weeks ago
    Hi chefleclef, thanks for the comment!

I will have a play around with the pinky finger, see if I can rectify that square-ish look you're talking about. Also, I actually thought about rotating it 90degrees too... so I might give that a go as well. Will upload a new version soon. Again, thanks for the comment.
    111 weeks ago
    New version:

5Na0h.png

Adjusted shadows on the little finger to make it look a bit more natural. Didn't rotate it the full 90 degrees, because it looked strange. Rotated it around 45, and it looks quite nice, not sure if I prefer it to the original though. Thoughts?
    111 weeks ago
    Love it. This would be an instant buy for me.
    111 weeks ago
    This is something I would buy
    111 weeks ago
    I watched the series for the first time late last year and I don't get the reference...anyone???
    111 weeks ago
    The Hands of Blue characters appear in a few episodes, probably most famously in "Ariel". They're the agents trying to locate River, and they use a device (in the design) that emits some kind of harmful toxin/frequency wave/I don't know that causes people to bleed profusely.

They wear blue gloves and suits.
    111 weeks ago
    And River, sensing their presence repeatedly says "two by two, hands of blue".
    111 weeks ago
    I'm thinking it might be hard to see, but I would be interested to see how it would look with, instead of the words being in the hand, what if they made up the sticks to their little kill device
    111 weeks ago
    I've just had a go at that for you heyboova. It didn't come out very well :( It's awkward because where the stick overlaps on the hand in the background, the font becomes awkward to colour.

I liked the idea, but it definitely does look better as it is at the moment.
    109 weeks ago
    This is so cool. I wish Firefly elaborated more on hands of blue guys or used them more in the show.
    109 weeks ago
    kcheng6 said: This is so cool. I wish Firefly elaborated more on hands of blue guys or used them more in the show.

Same! Apparently they were going to have a huge part on the show if it hadn't gotten cancelled
    109 weeks ago
    The comic that takes place after the show and before the movie kinda just brushes them off as just special Alliance bounty hunters.
    109 weeks ago
    kcheng6 said: This is so cool. I wish Firefly elaborated more on hands of blue guys or used them more in the show.

Me too... It's one of many parts of Firefly that annoy me because they're so interesting and I know i'll never get to see the whole story. Same thing with Shepherd Book, how Zoe stopped disliking Wash, whether Jayne ever gets more knitted hats...

I need to know these things :(

Glad you liked the design, though. Thanks.
    109 weeks ago
    I agree it stinks we didn't get to see more of the story lines wrapped up, but did you check out the Shepard Book comic? It told his complete backstory and how he was connected to the alliance.
    109 weeks ago
    heyboova said: I agree it stinks we didn't get to see more of the story lines wrapped up, but did you check out the Shepard Book comic? It told his complete backstory and how he was connected to the alliance.

I've never been into comics really but just for this I will have to check it out. Thanks.
    109 weeks ago
    Boxman said:

Me too... It's one of many parts of Firefly that annoy me because they're so interesting and I know i'll never get to see the whole story. Same thing with Shepherd Book, how Zoe stopped disliking Wash, whether Jayne ever gets more knitted hats...

I need to know these things :(

Glad you liked the design, though. Thanks.

The Shepard Book comic did flesh out Book's backstory pretty much from his childhood. He's really awesome.

I really hope you submit your shirt!

The1stMJC said: The comic that takes place after the show and before the movie kinda just brushes them off as just special Alliance bounty hunters.

That just sounds so lame. They were so hyped up in the show, they can't just be bounty hunters.
    109 weeks ago
    kcheng6 said:
    The Shepard Book comic did flesh out Book's backstory pretty much from his childhood. He's really awesome.
    I really hope you submit your shirt!

I've already submitted it! But it's been a week and I've heard nothing back so I'm not sure if they want it.