Back to forum
rss 125 weeks ago
My question is about the color limit. Does a tint or shade of a color you have on the shirt count as one extra color? An example: Would a brown and a slightly lighter or darker tone of that brown count as one or two colors?

I've seen some shirts with various tones that exceed 6 if counted and also gradients. So I'm wondering if its okay when it comes to that, or is TeeFury and other websites just don't mind bending the rule for those cases?

By the way, I am aware of taking advantage of the background too.

Thank you for your patience.
8Comments
    125 weeks ago
    Good question...I've been wondering about this as well.
    125 weeks ago
    It does count. For every color they have to make a seperate screen when printing the design. You can choose to use halftones in the original color to simulate those tones you need.
    125 weeks ago
    Yeah, I've seen half tones being used that way too. But, the images I've seen lacked them, and still were printed despite exceeding the limit.
    1324592126_BOTTOM__122116h15m02.jpg

Okay, here is "Open Sesame" submitted January 30th. You can see that the blue, the red, the brown, and the green, have a slight shade that if counted with the rest of the colors (besides the background) make a total of 12 colors..
    Can someone please explain how a design like this was accepted?
    125 weeks ago
    I think they're also halftones, really small ones. They indeed look like separate colors here, but I think it's just a bunch of halftones in the color of the lines. Can't say that for sure, but that's my best guess.

Another option (not for this design specifically) would be simulated process printing. If the design has a lot of colors and gradients and stuff like that, they could opt for process printing. I'm not at all sure Teefury offers that option, but it exists.
    125 weeks ago
    Not sure about the simulated process printing, but perhaps they are tiny halftones. If thats the case, then it could explain many of the submissions I've seen.
    Thank you very much I'm really grateful for your help.
    I'll take this to count the next time I make a design.
    Once again, thank you.
  • image zipper
    125 weeks ago
    Open Sesame used halftones. It's tough to tell in that small image, but they're there :)
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks
    125 weeks ago
    hold cntrl and use your scroll wheel on mouse to zoom in on pic and you can make out the halftones:)