Back to forum
rss 126 weeks ago
Just thought of this, made it and subbed it.
I'm sure there are pokemon fans from the first hour out there. So here's to you, first masters of the indigo league. Your badges.

This is what I just sent to Teefury:

Let's hope it gets picked!

8Comments
    126 weeks ago
    Personally, I'd like it a lot more without the words and ribbons. The badges look so nice that I don't think the rest is necessary.
    125 weeks ago
    I love it!

A few tips:
    1. You've got a lot of colors there :/ there's a 6 color limit for Teefury
    2. I personally would like to see it more centered
    3. I do like it on the gray, but maybe on a bluer or indigo shirt?
    125 weeks ago
    I think it would be cool if it was, lets say underneath a jacket. If you made it seem that the shirt was a jacket and that you unzipped it and opened up a fold, revealing the eight badges.
    Unfortunately, with the rainbow badge alone you already exceed the color limitation. What you can do is make it in Gameboy color graphics of the Red, Blue, or Yellow version, which generally use only one color and its tones and shades. Wouldn't look as appealing.. but you don't have to worry about having too much colors.
    Hope it works out for you.
    125 weeks ago
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I am well aware of the 6 color limit, and this design is actually 6 colors. The rest of the colors are made with a bunch of halftones, so no worries there ;)
    Theres dark-brown, blue, red, yellow, pink and green.
    The rest are halftone variations of those colors.

Would the design be complete without the banners/words? I don't know if it would bring the message across completely without em.

And centered wouldn't fit the design I think, personally. They're badges, they're pinned to your chest. You don't pin badges in the center of your chest, right?
    125 weeks ago
    After reading you comment, I realize the halftones in it. Really nice.
    I forgot to add to my comment that I prefer the badges on wither the left or right side of your chest rather than the middle. If I were to have a pin on my shirt, it certainly wouldn't be in the middle.
    About the words.. I like them as they are in my opinion. The badges alone make the design a little plain.
    125 weeks ago
    I actually like it exactly as it is in the big image, centered with pikachu in the bottom left...
    Having the extra image of pikachu kind of balances the design to help add color and curves to offset the drab nature of text.
    It also helps naive people to understand the shirt and not always ask what it means (although I know some people like their shirts to be obscure).
    Having just the badges without text would look nice as well, and would keep the design colorful. Although it would make it harder to understand... I think in this case I might accept that just for the prettiness.
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks JulgaTH :)

Dumbyoyo, thanks for the input. I don't think the design would work with the pikachu there, it would throw the whole design off, and have a pikachu floating somewhere on the shirt. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
    You're right, plenty of people do like a bit of obscurity. So do I. I wouldn't walk around with a design that screams HEY LOOK POKEMON YAY! But instead, people who like the stuff get it, others won't get it, and that's perfect to me.

No reaction so far from the Teefury folks.
    125 weeks ago
    Demented said:
    And centered wouldn't fit the design I think, personally. They're badges, they're pinned to your chest. You don't pin badges in the center of your chest, right?

True, but as a t-shirt it doesn't look quite right. I see what you're going for, and it doesn't look bad, but if it were more centered it would read better as a shirt.

I also agree that having Pikachu randomly on the shirt makes 0 sense. I don't think this shirt is obscure at all, it's very clearly a pokemon shirt. And i love the text. Without it, it would be a much weaker design.