Hey you crazy guys and gals.
I've been working on this Python/Alien mash-up and wanted some thoughts and feedback. There are some finishing touches to be added yet but my main dilemma is...would you rather see:
1. A rabbit bursting through the shield like the proverbial chestburster, or:
2. A cute bunny sitting just behind the shield bottom right with a pair of knight's boots in a pool of blood sticking out bottom left???
The problem I have with option one is that it would obscure much of the shield and I think Robin's shield is a great piece of design. (The shield itself will ultimately have a far bit of blood-splatter added).
Thanks in advance and I look forward to your thoughts.
Cheers
Cycodaddy

Print
12Comments
    126 weeks ago
    Burst, but you could also make the chiken foot into the alienclaws
    126 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feed back BW.
    Haven't had a chance to do any work on the sucker today back on it tomorrow...
    Cheers
    125 weeks ago
    OK, so I decided to go with the rabbit from The Holy Grail complete with the Alien's extendable inner set teeth.
    Should be a fun mash-up...
    125 weeks ago
    I vote bunny chestburster too, but can you also work on the font? It needs some more style in my opinion.
    125 weeks ago
    Thanks...I'm still working the fonts.
    The idea was to have the Python font as close to a Pythonesque Spamalot font and the Alien tag-line as close to the original font used on the promotional posters...
    I've been toying with the idea of using some sort of medieval font for Camelot...still in the planning stage.
    I really do appreciate your feedback guys...
    125 weeks ago
    I know what you mean about the top font...I'm really just using it a place-holder text at the moment...
    125 weeks ago
    Here's a mock-up of the design to date...

Print
    124 weeks ago
    The font for "No one can hear you scream" definitely needs to be touched up
    124 weeks ago
    Cheers JBKapnMorg...working on it..
    124 weeks ago
    Now, I can tell you're pissed at me, so I'm gonna pitch in a bit; Try looking at "Franklin Gothic" for the font, maybe "Franklin Gothic Demi" or "Franklin Gothic Heavy". The condensed type works well too.
    124 weeks ago
    If I were you, I'd stick mainly to just the shield and lose the skulls and tremor baby thing. It just seems to distract from the main point of the shirt. With that being said, perhaps work on balancing the colors on the shield? Unless that's what you were going for, the reds, greens, and grey look a bit strange paired together.

Good luck, though! :)
    124 weeks ago
    JBKapnMorg not pissed at you at all...thanks guys, still plugging away at it...
    Rhyma, I was going for the colours of Robin's shield from the movie but thanks for the heads up...