Back to forum
rss 128 weeks ago
Hi folks

Had this kicking around a while so pulled it out today and made some alterations.
Wanted to give it a non flashy, blunt, dirty car repair feel.

Thought I would see if it's worth subbing.

Thanks again.

Automail Repair
12Comments
    128 weeks ago
    No Winry?
    128 weeks ago
    I would buy this if Teefury offered it!
    128 weeks ago
    I've never seen the show, but looks great!
    128 weeks ago
    It looks great as is, but there isn't enough to it to relate it to the series... Then again I complain about Back to the Future designs like this that have random flux capacitors in them to help slap me over the head that it's a Back to the Future design. It's a really tough balance.
    128 weeks ago
    Thanks guys.
    I can side with you regarding there are no immediate hard hitting images screaming at you and no Winry but this was intentional. I wanted to focus on crafting it like a more traditional and realistic logo of todays repair workshops and the like.

All input is good input though and is exactly why I put this up for feedback, even if I don't feel it's worth submitting it's good to get opinions.
    128 weeks ago
    perhaps to equate it you can work an elongated Alchemist circle into the background of the design?
    128 weeks ago
    Love the real logo look of it, but I think a symbol like Winry, Al's helmet, or something to do with alchemy will really tie it all together...
    127 weeks ago
    Personally I really like the design the way it is now and would buy it in a heartbeat. I disagree that you need to be more blunt and add something like al's helmet because I like the realistic logo and think that fans of the show would be able to get it and hey what's wrong with a little subtly?

So I encourage you to submit this cause its a great design and I want this shirt.
    126 weeks ago
    Right...
    From some feedback I did attempt some sort of tie in by making a transmutation circle within the main shape but it just didn't look right being oval. Also tested a circular one outside the shape and the more I played with it the further it got from my intended design. I didn't want to add any character images to this for reasons above.
    So, I scrapped it and submitted the image.

thanks all for the input

124 weeks ago
    Love it :D
    124 weeks ago
    What if you just had Edwards arm instead of one of the wrenches?
    124 weeks ago
    His automail arm to be clear