Back to forum
rss 128 weeks ago

Hi I hope I am doing this right. I am completly new to all this posting and links and such. If everything is correct please let me know what yall think. Please keep in mind I got the tablet for christmas so if there are techniques I should be using let me know, and I will research them. Thanks for all your feedback.

11Comments
    128 weeks ago
    Thanks for the feed back on my wip.

As for yours...
    #4 I like it as it is now. PRINT! Nice.
    #1 I like the idea. The image needs to be tweaked. Maybe enlarge the truck and cleanup the lines.
    #2 - I'm not sure what the reference is. Teddy ruxpin + ?
    #3 Needs more 24. If it didn't say 24 I wouldn't have known.

I like the primary color on Bert & Bob, but I would like too see different color on the others.
    128 weeks ago
    Ok great thanks! The Teddy ruxpin is that and Ted from how I met you mother. I completely agree with your comments and thanks I will get them tweaked. I felt the truck was too far back too. I'm glad the jay and silent bob is good, that is the latest I have drawn so I'm getting used to the tablet. Thanks a lot!
    128 weeks ago
    Ok great thanks! The Teddy ruxpin is that and Ted from how I met you mother. I completely agree with your comments and thanks I will get them tweaked. I felt the truck was too far back too. I'm glad the jay and silent bob is good, that is the latest I have drawn so I'm getting used to the tablet. Thanks a lot!
    128 weeks ago
    Ernie and silent Burt! is my fav here.
    the 24th needs more 24th" content agreed, but something bugged me about the gun in hand portion. like it didn't fit the right perspective to body or angle if you could imagine an arm being there. could be my eyes buggin out, I have been looking at a screen pretty much all day

also teddy ruxpin- got that part right away but would not of guessed "how I met your mother."

anyhow no expert myself by anyscape of the imagination just stick doing it, you will get better with every design! always love seeing new designs (eyecandy is an addiction)
    ciao for now
    128 weeks ago
    Burt and silent Ernie I meant chuckle
    128 weeks ago
    Hey thanks for the feedback. I got some better ideas now to rework it. I knew they needed something more, just wasnt sure what. I'll have something fixed up soon. For the 24 I'm thinking I'd doing more scenes in that comic book paneling style from the show. Also I think the Teddy ruxpin is a stretch for how I met your mother too, I just really wanted to make that work. Thanks everyone!!
    128 weeks ago
    6828120749_d6513945f1.jpg

Alright I cleaned up the super mario brother this weekend. I took some advice and adjusted some colors,added background and centered the truck. Please let me know if I am headed in the right direction thanks!
    128 weeks ago
    One thing I think would help us visualize the final product is to put it on a color background. What color would this go on?
    128 weeks ago
    I have to say I love the "Have you met Ted?" idea. I got the reference immediately and actually laughed out loud. Did you think about maybe putting red cowboy boots on him? That might make it clearer, but I'm not sure. The one thing that seems a bit off is that the drink doesn't look like beer. More like a cup of fast food coffee. I think it's the wide band of white at the bottom of the glass...maybe narrow it or eliminate it completely. Anyway, you've got some great ideas...keep it up!
    128 weeks ago
    thePurv said: One thing I think would help us visualize the final product is to put it on a color background. What color would this go on?

Yes I noticed that too. The only three colors that really worked were white, black, and a dark brown. I think Im at a stopping point on that one unless you have more design ideas. Thanks!
    Helene I love the red boots idea, and I think that might be the nail in the coffin. I agree completely with the beer comment. I have had a hard time limiting the design to just 6 colors. I had the beer more detailed and had to back to simplify it. This is actually the first design I did so it needs some touch up. Im glad you like it too. How I met your mother is our favorite show, and I cant wait to draw those boots.
    Question, Do you think I should go all out with this one too? I had the idea of putting him back in his store box, and using text on the outside of the box to help sell him. Also wanted to try and incorporate him with the blue horn or maybe at a drafting table? I do feel like the simple idea would be better on this one, maybe? Thanks everyone I appreciate you taking a look at my designs
    128 weeks ago
    Hey - The blue horn's a really good idea, if it doesn't push you over the 6 color limit. The drafting table might work too, although having everything might be too busy. Personally, I don't think you'd need the box--simple is better--but given that several other people didn't get the reference, it may not be a bad idea to do that so you can get some more text on there. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.