Back to forum
rss 115 weeks ago
16Comments
    115 weeks ago
    What do you think Teefurians?
    115 weeks ago
    Eh. I don't think "Sherlock" when I look at it. Bit too generic. And I don't understand what that thing is around the "consulting detective". Don't like the ribbon either.

I wouldn't buy it. :\
    115 weeks ago
    I really dig it! Love Sherlock. I think being a bit more constructive than dreamingstar (rather than unhelpful negativity), I would say you could maybe rework the design to incorporate more elements (or more obvious elements rather) from Sherlock. The badge is very prominent and a badge isn't really part of the show. The same with the ribbon. Their prominence is a bit overpowering. I do love the concept of a Sherlock shirt, but I think you should explore the same basic concept of this one with a more BAM-SHERLOCK sort of feelings. After all, the show itself is sort of a cult hit. No harm in being apparent as true fans will only appreciate the blatant references.
    115 weeks ago
    Holy goodness.
    I dearly, dearly love Sherlock, and I'd love a Sherlockian shirt, but this, as the last commenter said, is a little too generic. I'd do a play of off 221B and his scarf as well, if you're just throwing stuff together.
    115 weeks ago
    221B! Good idea.
    115 weeks ago
    I think it looks okay, but lose the gun, it is the one show where they are hardly used. Oh, the S being smaller and inside the H makes it read as HS instead of SH.
    115 weeks ago
    For those not familiar with it, the design is a parody of the London Police Badge:

_38196295_badge150.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    115 weeks ago
    I was not familiar with that. You've got a good thing going here. Definitely keep playing with it.
    115 weeks ago
    adamrabalais said: I really dig it! Love Sherlock. I think being a bit more constructive than dreamingstar (rather than unhelpful negativity),

Was that really necessary? The artist asked for our thoughts and I gave mine. What I said might not of been as eloquent as your post but I don't see how it was "unhelpful" It's not like I said "i hate it" like some of the people on the fb page do. I said what parts I didn't like. I didn't say what those parts could be changed to because I couldn't think of anything.
    115 weeks ago
    I didn't say it was hateful. I just said it was unhelpful. It was both unhelpful and negative, which is all I said. I generally view comments that provide negativity, but don't actually provide the artist with a stepping stone in the right direction as pointless and discouraging. You're completely entitled to your opinion. I just feel that leaving a negative opinion without advice is like a joke without a punchline. Not much point in telling it.
    114 weeks ago
    No, it doesn't scream "Sherlock" but I think that's what I like about it. I love the color choices and there's a really nice balance to it. My only criticism would be that your skull looks REALLY happy! That's cool if that's what you were going for. Personally, I have always been drawn more to the ones with the Harryhausen brow. I think this shirt will do well no matter where you sub it, especially with how popular Sherlock is lately. I tried my hand at a Sherlock shirt just recently, but it doesn't seem to be getting very good responses. Tough crowd!
    114 weeks ago
    I'm not a big fan of Sherlock Holmes so I won't comment pertaining to that but I just wanted to say as a design, I think it's very impressive and creative. Looks fantastic on the navy shirt. Very well done.
    114 weeks ago
    I like it, though given the violins position the neck should be visible through the skull's eye and long enough to be protruding from the other side. Also you could ad "221b" to the ribbon? that would be quite cool. Anyway I got the reference straight away and i liked it.
    109 weeks ago
    Will buy if available. Would like black better.
    109 weeks ago
    I think it's cool. I feel like adding a deerstalker cap make the design feel more Sherlock like, or maybe a scarf.
    105 weeks ago
    Sorry to be off-topic but I LOVE LOVE LOVE x1000000, the Bladerunner design you did!!!!! (couldnt post on it 4 some reason)
    Bladerunner is easily my fave movie of all-time and the design not only does it justice but brings all of its glory together in pure majesty!!!
    I totally missed the chance 2 get it. :( Im new 2 the site.
    ...but, i would kick my grandmother square in the mouth for that shirt.... and i love my MeMaw.
    I check this site EVERY day now because I dont wanna miss a chance like that ever again.