Back to forum
rss 116 weeks ago
I love the designs on TeeFury, but I was kind of put off with the size limitations for women's tshirts... like.. how do I put this... only teeny women with no breasts could wear those t-shirts!

How about finding t-shirts for gals that have a total chest size (front and back) up to 42 inches? I would have ordered a second shirt today (one for my son and one for me) if you had had that option...
Thanks!
15Comments
    116 weeks ago
    They're t-shirts. Regular t-shirts. They're stretchy. Trust me, Busty LaRue, you'll fit.
    116 weeks ago
    uhm, excuse me, but I am a woman, a size 0-2, and most def. "REAL". All women are "REAL", that phrase is stupid and offensive.
    Thanks!
    115 weeks ago
    I thought the shirts were going to be too small for me too, but I ordered one anyway, a girls XL and it fit me perfectly. I usually wear a size 14-16. Masokissed is right, they do stretch pretty well and I haven't really had a shrinking problem. I do have to say the black shirts for some reason stretch a lot better than the light blue one I have. You should have really phrased your request differently, I don't think you need to insult every woman who can fit into a regular sized t-shirt.
    115 weeks ago
    I'm a size small and I'm a real woman. Being a double xl doesn't make you anymore of a real woman than me. Neither does huge breast make you more of a woman than me or anyone else my size.
    115 weeks ago
    Golly gee, I guess I must be a fake woman with my small build since I have the audacity to fit into small and medium sizes. If enormous knockers are the end all be all of womanhood I guess I should forget this B-cup and just have the sex change now! Thanks for clearing that all up.

Larger women definitely deserve larger sizes--though I don't know why you had to go and spit on those of us who don't require them since we wouldn't have even disagreed with you to begin with. It would be as needlessly antagonistic, rude, and make the same brainless assumptions as us telling you, "Well then lose some weight."
    115 weeks ago
    Lots of ladies in this thread...

How's it goin', ladies?

Nah, just kidding. I do want to go ahead and lend my support to those scorned by the comments of the OP, here. Your body type and body size are in no way indicitive to your existence as a woman. It's not only ridiculous, but it is kind of setting things back a couple of decades. So, and I really hope this doesn't come off as both sexist and rude, but because you aren't as thin as some of the other women on this site, you get to say that they're not "REAL" women? This is going to sound bad, but that comes off as the comment of a larger woman who is insecure about their weight, and lashes out at smaller women to feel better about themselves.

"Real women have Curves!" Real women are...women. Tall, short, thin, fat, black, white...whatever, you are all women. That would be like me saying that I don't have a six-pack and 26" arms, those who do aren't real men. Being below average in fitness level, or larger than a medium shirt doesn't make you the standard, and others the outcasts. As yourself the question, and ask if this is the lesson you want your son to learn from you...how would you feel if those who have made threads on here (and there have been quite a few) asking for even SMALLER women's shirts, were to make those threads in this vain?

"I love the designs on this site but was off put by the excess size of the women's shirts. Only gigantic women with huge, fake breasts could wear those shirts, how about you offer more form-fitting shirts for us REAL women who aren't a size XXL?"

There would be.an.uproar. on this forum.

Think before you speak.
    115 weeks ago
    I can't speak for the OP, but I do think maybe she just made a poor choice of words in her own moment of frustration. I'm one of those "teeny women with no breasts," but I don't feel offended by her comments. I think "REAL" is just the term typically used in the anti-size-0 campaign of the past decade, e.g. "Real women have curves." Well, real women also sometimes have the figure of a 12 year-old boy. We're all real women, and we all have real frustrations with our bodies sometimes, so I can empathize with where she's coming from.

(Masokissed, I like the name mash-up, but you left out Hootie McBoob!)
    115 weeks ago
    I don't think the sizes of the shirts on this website are small by any means.
    I'm usually a L, but here I wear S for fitted, M for a looser fit. I think the sizes are really large, actually.
    Next time, just ask if TeeFury could accommodate larger sizes, don't bash on the "normal" people. If XXL were the norm, it would be called Medium, not XXL.
    115 weeks ago
    i'm a 14-16 gal and i buy the mens medium or large. there is not that much difference in the size really between a male medium and a gal large (or is it xl. can't recall at the mo). Either way, theres not a huge amount of difference but the mens shirts are comfier. something to keep in mind.

p.s. i dont think the OP meant to be offensive but when larger or bustier gals have models shoved down out throats as ideal, we can get a tad snipey about clothing sizes. (size 12 - 14 used to be the norm but thanks to the whole supermodel thing, walking coathangers are considered normal now.) plus its very difficult to purchase clothing online. what fits at one place isn't always true at another.....even with measurements.
    115 weeks ago
    Uhm. I have a size 36D chest and the small fitted tee fits me fine... these are definitely normal women sizes, if not a little larger ten what you find in the store.
    115 weeks ago
    I didn't mean to offend anyone here, and I'm sorry for hurting the feelings of women with smaller chest/breast sizes than I have. It wasn't meant as a slight against women who are thin, simply a statement of frustration that I found something I WANTED to buy but felt that I couldn't because of the stated size.

When I was young, I was small like penguinist.5 foot nine and 120 lbs ... now, two kids and 30 yrs later... I'm somewhere 14-18 depending on the fit. Not for lack of trying to control my body weight/size either...

I do find it frustrating when I find something so cool that I would love to wear, and I see that it probably won't fit.I was simply expressing that frustration ... and chose the wrong words - forgive me for making that faux pas.

Thanks for the notes re: sizing and stretchiness (that wasn't mentioned in the features)- and I will definitely be placing more orders... for the entire family!
    115 weeks ago
    Wording choice aside, I agree with the sentiment. I normally wear a large, but I buy XL here because of my chest size (38DD if it matters).

I also agree OP should try an XL because the shirts do stretch really well. Well, the dark shirts do. I have a gray shirt and a white one, and they're much tighter in the chest than my black/blue shirts. BUT just for comparison, I have trouble wearing shirts from another site because they don't stretch well, and even an XL is really tight across my chest.

And good luck if you're still trying to change your weight/size. I have two kids too, and it's a challenge.
    113 weeks ago
    As a tiny woman with no breasts, I actually found this thread whilst looking to complain that the shirts don't fit. I either got a boy cut shirt or the small women's shirt in the tees they print on is larger than the small women's shirts on any similar site. I'd bet you could give a larger one a go and be surprised. :)

That said, I won't be ordering more until they offer XS or change to a line of shirts that fits more like (as I said) those on the other tee sites. I love all body shapes and sizes, including mine. And I just can't advocate wearing a shirt that doesn't flatter. No design is worth that.
    113 weeks ago
    I always just have to go with men shirts, because womens shirts I have to buy too large. It's either squish my breasts to fit my stomach, or fit my breasts, and make me look twice my size because most womens shirts over stretch and don't fit my form right after about 5 minutes. I've never bought a womans shirt from here so I wouldn't really know about the flexability, but I find mens shirts are just as good, if not better. They are longer, and seem to accommodate boobage.
    113 weeks ago
    missron said: size 12 - 14 used to be the norm but thanks to the whole supermodel thing, walking coathangers are considered normal now.

Just fyi, but when 12-14 was "the norm," clothing sizing was different. A 12-14 in vintage sizing is about a 4-6 now. Yes, beauty standards have changed, but I hate this particular bit of misinformation.