Back to forum
rss 117 weeks ago
Hey everybody so this is a new design I worked on with my brother. Thoughts? Should it be subbed? (interestingly enough we worked on it the day before the last VB shirt went on sale. Straaaannnggggeeee)

14Comments
    117 weeks ago
    Pretty rad design. Would definitely purchase that shirt even without having seen an episode of Venture Bros. Maybe I'll have to check it out.
    117 weeks ago
    love it
    117 weeks ago
    Well, Being a HUGE LONG TERM Venture Bros Fan from Season One, Then I can honestly say 'Yes! Yes I would Buy!'

And for those who haven't seen The Venture Brothers' Than get Season 1 and get started!

WE WANT MONARCH RELATED TEE'S!!!!!
    117 weeks ago
    Rework the typography. You might want to change your font.
    117 weeks ago
    dlord said: Rework the typography. You might want to change your font.

I should have specified; Shallow Gravy is fine, the rest is a little bland. Maybe go for DIN, or Univers. Eurostile could be cool too, in allcaps.
    117 weeks ago
    big venture fan, I like the design, but I don't love it yet.
    for me, the sizes are off. the blue circle is way to big with not enough content to fill it. and I agree on the typographic issues: the fonts are kinda bland ... I'd do something hand-drawn for the band name, and redo the big huge block of text underneath ... it's just way to huge & blocky. in fact, I'd lose it in general and wrap this text around the circle somehow.

also the skull could use a nose ... imo

but definitely a neat shirt I'd order if spiced up a bit

aaand this:
    the official SG vid for Jacket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtqy9_NbYg

Yellow
    Jacket
    Straight
    Jacket
    Smoking
    Jacket
    Full Metal
    Jacket!!!

:D
    117 weeks ago
    Text around circle is less legible.
    117 weeks ago
    really depends on how well it's executed
    right now the text is legible, yes ... but it also throws off the whole design (at least that's what I see, no offence)
    117 weeks ago
    Hey this is TeeKetch's brother. I'm working on some of the suggestions you all made for this poster which I'm grateful for and applied them to the design I've also made a few changes and am still working on it. let me know your thoughts!

Photobucket
    117 weeks ago
    Oops forgot to fix the nose. here's the one with the nose.Photobucket
    117 weeks ago
    The blue was a nice complement to the reddish hues. The design now seems lacking.
    117 weeks ago
    Alright here is an alternate with the blue in the back instead of the black. ShallowGravy_Posterbluealt.jpg
    116 weeks ago
    Red on blue is very hard to read.
    116 weeks ago
    agreed. We decided to just change it back to black. I think it matched the band's persona anyways on the black.