Back to forum
rss 118 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker on TeeFury, but not much of a poster, so I figure I'll start by saying hey..... hey!

I'm just hoping I might be able to get a bit of feedback on a design which I've been working on. Its a concept I've had for a while and I was totally sold on the idea along with anyone else I mentioned it to. I've now got the design just as I imagined it, but after posting it on someothersite it got marked down fairly heavily saying it needed some work.

I still think the concept is a winner and I'd definitely be keen to tweak and revise it to get it there, but unfortunately a low score is as far as the feedback went on SR.

So, if any one's keen to take a look at what I've been working on and give me any friendly advice then that would be most awesome :) I'm thinking maybe the colours aren't selling it, so perhaps changing it to a 2 colour design and getting rid of the rocky background, but I'm keen to hear any ideas.

Thanks!
15Comments
    118 weeks ago
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! colors are good but i'd add black lines around the brain-box equipment

and maybe tilt the head back so it looks more dead

http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2008/07/24/46860724dinosaur.jpg

http://c3012132.r32.cf0.rackcdn.com/111015-dino-fossil.jpg

118 weeks ago
    I love Dino Riders and this is a great concept.

You need to merge the armor and the fossil together. Right now its looks pasted on.

I'd start with dropping the grey in the armor, going with a brown and making it look like it's part of the bed rock. Rusted, dented, make it look aged like it's been there with the fossil for millions of years.

The fossil is also too complete. Have parts fade into the rock or pieces completely missing. archeopteryx.gif
    117 weeks ago
    AMMAGAD AMMAGAD! Love it.
    Although I agree with Caddywompus about the rusty and dented part. Not the rest though, I like it at it is.
    117 weeks ago
    Also: I would love this on a Brown shirt, where the rocky texture is one color and the shirt is the darker color. Love that.
    117 weeks ago
    excellent concept. execution needs to be upped significantly. agree on more dead position.
    117 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: I love Dino Riders and this is a great concept.

You need to merge the armor and the fossil together. Right now its looks pasted on.

I'd start with dropping the grey in the armor, going with a brown and making it look like it's part of the bed rock. Rusted, dented, make it look aged like it's been there with the fossil for millions of years.

The fossil is also too complete. Have parts fade into the rock or pieces completely missing. archeopteryx.gif

Yeah I was originally worried about the armour just blending in to the fossil a bit too much if it were all the same colour, but it does make sense. I'll try to re-work it and see how it comes out. I'll also work on making the whole thing look more embedded and aged.

Thanks for the comments!
    116 weeks ago
    Hi guys, I took on a lot of your feedback and re-worked the Dino Riders design to look a lot more like a fossil and a lot more dead.

Any chance you can take a look and let me know how you think it's going?

Thanks!

DinoRider_sub.jpg
    116 weeks ago
    Much better, I love it! Although I miss the rocky background, but I guess it gets too crouded with that. Awsome.
    116 weeks ago
    I think you went a little too far the other way, but it still looks great. And I think the image in my head of what it should be isn't really feasible.

I would certainly buy it as it is now :)
    116 weeks ago
    I love this, I'd buy it!
    115 weeks ago
    I agreed with Calcifer Its a little too far I would like to see the equipment back in a black just scuffed up a bit. What about a view more pieces of equipment something small like leg braces or toe talons. I dont know might be too much? Great design though, I would buy for me and my son for sure!
    115 weeks ago
    i dig it.

ha dig
    115 weeks ago
    Cool design idol what dinosaur riders is tho nd did anyone notice that the real dinosaur fossil looks like it had wings
    115 weeks ago
    Dinoriders was a cartoon from the late 80s and the dinosaur fossil has wings because it's an archeopteryx. They're the main reason we now know some dinosaurs had feathers :)
    115 weeks ago
    Harness the power!