Back to forum
rss 117 weeks ago
Hi folks, just signed up after being a silent watcher for some time. Boards here are far more active here than other places so thought would be an ideal spot to get some comments on my design.

Not doing this for love nor money, would just appreciate getting feedback from a varied audience.

Thanks for your time

Preview
14Comments
    117 weeks ago
    I think you don't need the cityscape. I think you could increase the size of the main graphic (steaming coffee cup with the words "jimme dimmick's GOURMET COFFEE HOUSE and Storage) inside the thin-line shape. I also think you could shorten the slogan to just "gourmet expensive stuff".

All in all I just think the shirt would have more punch if you did that, something you could read quickly. I like the colors and style. They fit the theme and I think the joke is funny. I think it'd sell to Pulp Fiction fans. Nice.
    117 weeks ago
    I love it, but i agree with jkilpatrick. It's a little too busy right now. If you took out the cityscape (and maybe made the text on top a little bigger), I'd buy it in a second.
    117 weeks ago
    personally i'd say the slogan should be "some serious gourmet smurf" edited as needed of course
    117 weeks ago
    Thanks for your opinions, some stuff to work with and take into account.
    Appreciate you taking the time to be constructive.
    117 weeks ago
    Holy sh*t...this is all kinds of awesome!! I'd buy it just the way it is.
    116 weeks ago
    I agree with jkilpatrick, loose the cityscape. I like the idea of bringing that yellow outer line tighter in and making the main logo bigger. Maybe have the steam from the coffee cup overlap the outer line same with the "house and storage" part. Then just balance the design the the remaining text. I think you have a winner.
    116 weeks ago
    Love it, maybe too busy maybe not. try it w/out the cityscape and see. Either way, it's got awesome potential to be a first buy for me
    116 weeks ago
    So I've messed with it a little, not sure if I went overkill on it and now it's too minimal. I guess it's hard to adjust to change after you've been working on the thing for so long. I kinda wanted to add a quote from the scene into it but none were spot on suited so have left it out for this version.

It's not in your face obvious with the film homage but I like that in some designs.

V2
    116 weeks ago
    Please tell me you're going to submit this...please!!!!
    115 weeks ago
    I like this idea a lot. But I think you should go with Toluca Lake as the location, just because they specifically say that's where he lives!
    115 weeks ago
    Would instabuy that but like mattrrr said Toluca Lake would make it perfect
    115 weeks ago
    Would instabuy that but like mattrrr said Toluca Lake would make it perfect
    114 weeks ago
    You spoke, I've listened.
    Toluca Lake, LA
    Wont post another pic as it's a very minor amendment.

I'm guessing the 2nd image is the preferred now? Will look at submitting soon. Not sure if it will draw much attention but ultimately that's up to you folks.

Thanks again for the comments.
    114 weeks ago
    oh it's defiantly an instant buy for me