Back to forum
rss 131 weeks ago
Hello.

I was a 3D CSG modeler and 2D Texture artist by trade until a wham-bam double-team of a down economy and a bit of corporate burnout hit me. I've long enjoyed seeing everyone's tee shirt designs, and so I thought I'd give a few a whirl myself.

I have a design I'd like to submit, but I'm not familiar with the best way to convert it to a six-color process would be -- if it's even possible.

Any other thoughts would be welcome as well. :)

Thanks!

cecinestpashobbitpipe
6Comments
    131 weeks ago
    I can't help you out in terms of color conversion, but I do love the concept, I would definitely buy this shirt.
    131 weeks ago
    Thanks for the support!
    131 weeks ago
    I can actually see how this could be done with a basic brown and overlay black and white half-tones for the shadows and highlights. Not being an expert in bitmap editing software I can't offer any tips on how to achieve that effect, but I'm sure there are others out there who can
    131 weeks ago
    The concept is really great and unfortunately, I can't help with the 6-color process, but there is a little mistake for the French part of the design. We do not put words in that order, we actually say : Ceci n'est pas une pipe d'Hobbit. And also, as verified in the LOTR books in French that I have here, we always put a capital letter on the H of Hobbit.
    131 weeks ago
    Thanks folks!

I managed to whittle the color numbers down with halftones. I also took Kaylan's helpful advice:

nestpashobbitpipe_submit
    131 weeks ago
    Oh, how I love this design! As an art history major (and a Magritte enthusiast) and a LOTR fan, this shirt would be the easiest buy ever for me. I'd probably buy three!