Back to forum
rss 118 weeks ago
Photobucket

I'm not sure it's displaying correctly, but here is an idea I had for a new branch of Hogwarts. I was going to ask for advice on colours, but as it seems to have gone a baby-sick green colour anyway, it's probably not worth it.

But yeah, any thoughts or ideas?
31Comments
    118 weeks ago
    I managed to sort out the problem with the colour. Hopefully this looks a little better

Photobucket

Thanks,
    118 weeks ago
    Colors are better. The font could be more interesting
    118 weeks ago
    People will buy it.
    118 weeks ago
    Too many words.
    118 weeks ago
    Cheers guys, for some reason uploading a file in CMYK caused it to go a bit odd with the colours. I shall do some work on the fonts.

I'm not sure if I can really trim down the words much, unless I can make it look more Harry Potter-y. I'll get to it...
    118 weeks ago
    I think its a good idea, but the colors (still).. I don't know. Looks too much like something made in paint.
    Yous should incorporate maybe blue/gray for two of the houses.
    And red as a background is too much for me really with this print.
    But I do love the Idea.
    118 weeks ago
    Also; I actually like the firts one better with the colors, except for the crazy background. Maybe gray instead of greenslimeish?
    117 weeks ago
    I'd suggest dropping the whole "The westeros school of witchcraft and wizardry", altogether, as the coat of arms?! is more than clear within itself! At least that's this kids opinion!
    117 weeks ago
    Thanks again, I've ditched the text (I'm hoping people still get it...), and found a marginally more interesting font for the names. I've also made a better attempt to use more than yellow and red. No idea what colour tee it should be on though:

Photobucket
    117 weeks ago
    Much better now! And you can experiment with different BG colors, Maybe dark grey? You'll figure it out :)
    And the font looks so much better too.
    116 weeks ago
    A suggestion is to have the wolf and the dragon switch places, the wolf and the lion look too much alike to be on the same side. Don't know if that makes sense, just a feeling, otherwise, very nice design!
    115 weeks ago
    I've made a few changes with positioning and colours, and I've currently got it on a blue background. However I'm not sure how colours work, because I have 6 with blue as the background. Could someone clarify as I'm sure I remember reading something about background colours counting as a colour, but cannot find it again.

Cheers,

Photobucket
    115 weeks ago
    I would purchase the above instantly!
    115 weeks ago
    Love the last one. But I'd rather have the BG grey or black!
    115 weeks ago
    I think this must be almost done, I've tried it on a grey BG this time...Photobucket
    115 weeks ago
    This is beautiful! I would buy this instantly. I agree with all the changes except I like it better on the darker, as it stands out better. Dark blue or black. I especially love the new order of the animals because it really is the traditional side of Baratheon vs Targaryen and Stark vs Lannister.
    115 weeks ago
    Also, what you were referring to colour number-wise is under the 'Submit' section of the teefury site (tab at the top) it says:

Designs are limited to 6 colors, front chest location with a maximum size of 15 x 19 inches.

Some artists get a 7th colour by using the background colour of the shirt to 'fill in' non-inked parts of the shirt (wording is terrible there, hope that made sense). But you have 6, so you should be fine :)
    115 weeks ago
    Right, I think it is pretty much ready for submission. Should I put it on grey or black?

Photobucket
    115 weeks ago
    Grey looks better in my opinion. the black blurs the outline of the crest.
    106 weeks ago
    Heard anything yet?
    106 weeks ago
    I'd go with the gray bg. There are already TONS of black shirts. I'm really liking the design of the shirt. Good job!
    103 weeks ago
    Hey all, just thought you may like to know that the design is due to be printed on Monday! Thanks for all the feedback - it started off as a bit of a flimsy design, but ended up being printable.

Cheers,
    Large Snail
    103 weeks ago
    Yayyy congratz! Just got into the Game of Thrones (finished season 1 and halfway through the 1st book). Great job, good chance of purchase =)
    103 weeks ago
    I think the blue BG looked the best.
    103 weeks ago
    I don't mean to be picky, but the only reason I didn't buy this shirt is because the house colors are off.. Lannister should be red, Baratheon yellow, Stark is OK as is (grey), and Targaryen should be black/red. Just my opinion, otherwise it's an awesome shirt!
  • Load More Comments