Back to forum
rss 132 weeks ago
I did another Labyrinth Nouveau, this time featuring Jareth!

25Comments
    132 weeks ago
    Admittedly I haven't been the biggest fan of your previous Nouveau shirts, but I love the look of this and would buy it in a heartbeat. The charcoal and dark crimson really pop together. It almost looks like it could be taken directly out of a page of the Locke & Key comic. Excellent work all around!
    132 weeks ago
    I would Certainly buy this! Jareth!
    132 weeks ago
    I would definitely buy this if the text went, I don't think it needs it at all.
    132 weeks ago
    The art is very detailed and great, but it is odd seeing Mucha style art with males as the center.

I know your Star wars inspired shirt design was designed after a specific Mucha print, was this as well? Do you have the title of the piece?
    132 weeks ago
    It was based on this Mucha: http://www.aaronartprints.org/images/Paintings/5620.jpg

I agree, a little odd to have it be a male figure, but I felt like the character Jareth had a lot of feminine qualities. I hadn't planned on doing this design, but since my "Theatre de la Labyrinth", so many people have said to me "What about Jareth?!"
    132 weeks ago
    what no Hoggle design? lol just kidding.
    this is nice.
    132 weeks ago
    Not to sound like a creeper, but I've been following your progress of this peice on facebook and the final product looks amazing! I'm amazed that you were able to keep it within the color requirements.
    132 weeks ago
    Looks awesome!
    128 weeks ago
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/574/1726009-shut_up_and_take_my_money_super.jpg

But seriously, there is no chance I wouldn't buy this. Jareth with high quality art is a rarity, so insta-buy!
    128 weeks ago
    I LOVE IT!
    This would be an instabuy for me, hope Teefury prints this as well :)
    128 weeks ago
    I love it...except for his hips. I'm a big Bowie fan and he was a very beautiful man in his youth (definitely handsome now...i love it when men age like wine)...but the hips bother me...they are too feminized even considering its Bowie and done in a Mucha style. He needs some angulation going on there...

That is really the only thing that turns me off from this design ^_^ But its still a awesome design!
    127 weeks ago
    I LOVE THIS. So. So. SO much. It's gorgeous.
    127 weeks ago
    I would love to own this will it be on a shirt for sale soon?
    127 weeks ago
    "I have seen all possible futures, and this shirt must be printed." -September
    127 weeks ago
    omg that's amazing! i love it :)
    119 weeks ago
    I've "like'd" you on Facebook SPECIFICALLY because I want to make sure I do not miss it if this prints. Have I missed it already? I want it so much. (Even though Facebook still gives me no guarantees.) Can I sign up for a personal email alert list somewhere?? I love your work.
    119 weeks ago
    This one is not printing at Tee Fury, but it has a permanent home at Mighty Fine. There's a link on my page, in the tab under the main banner. :)
    107 weeks ago
    I too would buy this!
    107 weeks ago
    I think you love Nouveau as much as I love Deco, except you've been more prolific than I have. And you're probably better than me, too. :) Mainly, I've just dabbled in movie posters. The first design I tried was an accidental cross between "Metropolis" and Terry Gilliam's "Brazil." You do a really nice job handling detail. Keep it up!
    49 weeks ago
    Please make this!! (unless I missed it) THEN I WANT ONE! I have been DYING for Jareth shirt!!
    49 weeks ago
    I buy anything Karen Hallion or Magan Lara-the two best artists ever!!
    49 weeks ago
    Megan not Magan!
    42 weeks ago
    I'd buy this on sight! No thought needed.
    42 weeks ago
    I'd buy this on sight! No thought needed.
    31 weeks ago
    I love this design. I've been a fan of the Labyrinth my entire life and would buy this shirt in a heartbeat!