Back to forum
rss 121 weeks ago
Had an idea a while back for an Astro Boy kit, just something nice and cheerful with astroboys torso all laid out on sprues just waiting to be assembled.

I have only really started playing around with the idea this evening. Due to the variety of colours - beige, red, black, white and green - it is kinda difficult to pick a shirt colour to match... I think the best fit is a slate blue for mens and turq for womens, but I will need to either have a black outline for definition, or choose a darker shade of green blahhhh.

Any responses? intrigued? Good? Bad?

6Comments
    121 weeks ago
    Bump to get this back on the first page.
    121 weeks ago
    I love it. I think this concept could be used for any number of characters.
    121 weeks ago
    Well Astro's usually smiling, but apart from that I dig the concept a lot! I agree with Pugfugly84 too, this could be applied to so many other characters, so much potential...
    121 weeks ago
    cool, and yes I hadnt really thought much about applying it to other characters, purrrhaps that will be the next step !?

But yeah, it will take a little while to get this back in the lab, retail work for the next couple of days : /

Any other comments / crit / suggestions?
    121 weeks ago
    I would suggest using Megaman. Astroboy isn't anywhere near the level of popularity in the market you'll be catering towards.

The model kit style is popular, I haven't seen a Astroboy version to my knowledge.
    120 weeks ago
    I like this idea and think a series could work.
    If not Astroboy, another comic book character that is more popular?