Back to forum
image
rss 122 weeks ago
Hey everyone! I'm still pretty new to this, so I'm looking for some criticism, feedback or just random thoughts on a couple of my submissions. Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Black Lodge Coffee Company



Bunsen & Beaker, Recent t-shirt submission.

I submitted this one a couple of weeks ago, and saw a very similar design on someone's side art the other day! My heart sank...
11Comments
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    Ya I've seen a couple BB mashes recently, it's an enviable connection to be made with the new movie.

    The Twin Peaks logo is nice. (I guessing since I'm not familiar with the show) My eye keeps getting drawn to that white spot in between the K and the L. Maybe it makes the 3D look more severe than it is because they meet in the middle in different directions. Perhaps trim the 3D off those letters and just use a black outline to define the letters. Or take advantage of that negative space and create a shape there that references the source material.
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    I LOVE the twin peaks one! The muppets one looks great too! I do really love the twin peaks one, but i dont love the tan color. I think it'd look cool on a dark gray or black
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    Caddywompus said: Ya I've seen a couple BB mashes recently, it's an enviable connection to be made with the new movie.


    The Twin Peaks logo is nice. (I guessing since I'm not familiar with the show) My eye keeps getting drawn to that white spot in between the K and the L. Maybe it makes the 3D look more severe than it is because they meet in the middle in different directions. Perhaps trim the 3D off those letters and just use a black outline to define the letters. Or take advantage of that negative space and create a shape there that references the source material.

    Thank you, Caddywompus! Yeah, I see what you mean with the white between the letters. That is steam that has been halftoned, but at this smaller resolution it does look much more condensed than it does on the hi-res version. I appreciate your comments, and by the way, I loved your I Sunk Your Battlestar tee! Clever!
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    They're really well done. Unfortunately, I think there were already a few different Bunsen & Beaker/Breaking Bad mash ups on other sites.

    http://www.robotmutant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/breaking-beaker.jpg

    http://www.toughpigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1-partners.jpg

    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvic39xDxw1qd4e1ko1_500.jpg

    Kinda stinks because I think your is the best of the 4 I've seen.

    Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Twin Peaks without the distressing. Nonetheless, these are really well done - well-rendered designs. Nice work!
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    mephias said:
    Caddywompus said: Ya I've seen a couple BB mashes recently, it's an enviable connection to be made with the new movie.



    The Twin Peaks logo is nice. (I guessing since I'm not familiar with the show) My eye keeps getting drawn to that white spot in between the K and the L. Maybe it makes the 3D look more severe than it is because they meet in the middle in different directions. Perhaps trim the 3D off those letters and just use a black outline to define the letters. Or take advantage of that negative space and create a shape there that references the source material.


    Thank you, Caddywompus! Yeah, I see what you mean with the white between the letters. That is steam that has been halftoned, but at this smaller resolution it does look much more condensed than it does on the hi-res version. I appreciate your comments, and by the way, I loved your I Sunk Your Battlestar tee! Clever!


    I meant, YOU Sunk MY Battlestar!
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    mephias said:

    I meant, YOU Sunk MY Battlestar!


    Nice try Cylon, but I know who's side you're on.
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    jkilpatrick said: They're really well done. Unfortunately, I think there were already a few different Bunsen & Beaker/Breaking Bad mash ups on other sites.


    http://www.robotmutant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/breaking-beaker.jpg


    http://www.toughpigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/1-partners.jpg


    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvic39xDxw1qd4e1ko1_500.jpg


    Kinda stinks because I think your is the best of the 4 I've seen.


    Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the Twin Peaks without the distressing. Nonetheless, these are really well done - well-rendered designs. Nice work!

    Hey, I remember you. You had that awesome Cheers style Cantina shirt a little while back. Dude, that is one of my favorite tees I've ever seen on this site!
    Wow! I wasn't aware there were that many Bunsen/Beaker - Breaking Bad mashes out there! Thank you for bringing those to my attention. You know, when I started that tee a couple of months ago, I made sure to google and search shirtoid and other sites to see if there were any designs already, but I didn't find any. It smurfs because I really did put a lot of time and effort into the design, and it probably won't get printed because there are others out there. I do have a full color version of this which is better, but the gray version fits the 5 color limit and still looks decent.
    So, you think maybe the distressing is unnecessary? I just saw that a lot of people were doing it so I thought I'd try it. I do like it when the right color tee is poking through all of those bare spots. Below is the un-distressed version and the color B&B.
    Photobucket


    Photobucket
    Thank you for all your kind words. They make me feel a little less self conscious!
  • image
    122 weeks ago
    mbecks114 said: I LOVE the twin peaks one! The muppets one looks great too! I do really love the twin peaks one, but i dont love the tan color. I think it'd look cool on a dark gray or black
    Thanks mbecks114! What do you think of the BLCC design on the darker gray? The color is kind of arbitrary, since it can be printed on almost any color.
  • image
    121 weeks ago
    Nice try Cylon, but I know who's side you're on.


    I...I can't be a Cylon! (hears "All Along the Watchtower" faintly in the distance)
  • image
    89 weeks ago
    +1 with above comment on the BB shirt...best of the bunch - I personally like the distressed BLCC...good look without being "retro" - Nevermind what I think...your design are excellent - This world of t-shirt design is pretty cool and bigger than I imagined...keep up the great work!
  • image
    89 weeks ago
    BLACK LODGE! BLACK LODGE! BLACK LODGE!


Back to Top